Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emblems, emblems... or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not for sale mudman2, Since I will not use them - they will be a gift.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You will never be rich with that attitude to trade

hahahaha
Old 03-07-2006, 06:05 PM
lgh
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be a silly question, but out of curiousity, how does one debadge? Is it as simple as using a screwdriver? Thanks.

Greg
Old 03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by lgh
This may be a silly question, but out of curiousity, how does one debadge? Is it as simple as using a screwdriver? Thanks.

Greg
no don't use a screwdriver...

just let the sun warm up your rear deck like in the afternoon and take some dental floss and just "cut" it off. It will leave the adhesive/rubber stuff which peels off really easy.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:15 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Actually thats WHY I debadged the thugs tend not to carry (or use) dental floss, the screw driver makes for an easy $2K paint job.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:16 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lgh
Greg
The preferred dental floss is 'Glide'; made from GoreTex. Very strong and very soft.....works well....did it on my RSAmerica when I bought new badges and had Eric paint them Arctic Silver...looked nice against Midnight Blue Metallic.

No, I didn't debadge my Cayenne, I let the dealer do it when they did the last recall to replace all the 'stainless' steel trim and emblems....
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

This is the tool I use to remove the model designation emblems.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:22 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Christ people. All this talk about if you have the V6 you are worried that others will look at you as the person that didn't have the "cabbage" to buy the S or the TT. What in the world gave you that idea? You must really have some serious insecurity that others will look at your V6 (that was probably mid 50s with options) and think that is like buying a KIA. Goodness, try to learn to be a bit more secure and understand the 50K is still A LOT OF COIN!

FYI....I looked at all three (V6,S,TT) and kept thinking over and over that if I was going to spend that kind of "cabbage" on the TT I would just add another P-Car to the stable (ie, GT3, etc.) so that took the TT off the table. Then I looked at both the V6 and the S and couldn't justify the 16K delta for the S since it was going to be nothing more than a "Lowe's run" hauler and "utility truck".

We decided to lease the Cayenne to make sure we REALLY liked it before we bought the exact one we wanted. Know after driving it the past year I wish I had bought the S or TT b/c I am thinking I would like to haul my track cars to the track in addition to my Lowe's runs (which I didn't think about when I bought it). So in 2 years when the lease it us it will be a CPO TT for me! And that choice will be made on NEED not financial ability. And that whole comment of "de-badging is typically done by the V6 folks" is just an ignorant sterotype. Comments like that lead me to believe that once again, insecurity has taken over and the TT was a needed purchase so there was no mistaking that you CAN afford it. Sad.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Kooser
Pro

Here is the tool that I would use if I wanted to debadge http://www.hl2central.net/screenshots/ol/jackhammer.jpg, since this is a delicate procedure.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by LVDell
Christ people. All this talk about if you have the V6 you are worried that others will look at you as the person that didn't have the "cabbage" to buy the S or the TT. What in the world gave you that idea? You must really have some serious insecurity that others will look at your V6 (that was probably mid 50s with options) and think that is like buying a KIA. Goodness, try to learn to be a bit more secure and understand the 50K is still A LOT OF COIN!

FYI....I looked at all three (V6,S,TT) and kept thinking over and over that if I was going to spend that kind of "cabbage" on the TT I would just add another P-Car to the stable (ie, GT3, etc.) so that took the TT off the table. Then I looked at both the V6 and the S and couldn't justify the 16K delta for the S since it was going to be nothing more than a "Lowe's run" hauler and "utility truck".

We decided to lease the Cayenne to make sure we REALLY liked it before we bought the exact one we wanted. Know after driving it the past year I wish I had bought the S or TT b/c I am thinking I would like to haul my track cars to the track in addition to my Lowe's runs (which I didn't think about when I bought it). So in 2 years when the lease it us it will be a CPO TT for me! And that choice will be made on NEED not financial ability. And that whole comment of "de-badging is typically done by the V6 folks" is just an ignorant sterotype. Comments like that lead me to believe that once again, insecurity has taken over and the TT was a needed purchase so there was no mistaking that you CAN afford it. Sad.
lol, well it was meant as 50% joke... but I simply thought the black emblem looked ugly on my car and was considering what would look best. The cabbage inferences, well that was my poor attempt at humor. I just want a unique look.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:08 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Don't worry Charlie, we tend to meander here

Old 03-07-2006, 11:24 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by Kooser
I have Two actually so both of you can have them.
As far as shipping -don't waoorrrry about it. I got your back
PM me your addresses and I wil send them out.
I'll be off to Mexico for a week on Saturday so I will mail them prior to my departure.
Thanks, Kooser...you da man! There is a frosty beverage and lunch of your choice waiting for you if you are ever in Tucson (which, as you Chicagoans know, is the Cactus League spring training home of the 2005 World Champion ChiSox--I myself am a lifetime BoSox fan, so I know the joy that will be running around Chicago for the next 6-7 months...enjoy it while you can until Boston takes the crown back in 2006! )
Old 03-08-2006, 12:22 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Have fun in Mexico... the Gulf?
Old 03-08-2006, 12:55 AM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by charlieXS
Have fun in Mexico... the Gulf?
Si! and Gracias!
Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya
http://www.secretsresorts.com/RivieraCancun/index.html
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by Kooser
Si! and Gracias!
Secrets Excellence Riviera Maya
http://www.secretsresorts.com/RivieraCancun/index.html
excellent. I love Cancun. Best place to visit so close to USA.

Quick Reply: Emblems, emblems... or not?