Lots of Coils Information -Slight Roughness at low speeds ? - Page 12 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of Coils Information -Slight Roughness at low speeds ?

Old 09-29-2016, 11:06 PM
icspres
Addict
Rennlist Member

Checking carid, lots of options for plugs and coils. What's generally considered the best?
Old 03-06-2017, 03:10 PM
Taylorcar
User

Originally Posted by John Rose View Post
My rough idle comes just as I come to a stop. Its like the Idle is too low then its rights itself after a few seconds.
This is exactly what happens to mine. It's momentary roughness and almost as though the car is going to stall just as I stop. John, were you able to diagnose your problem or is it still occurring? If nothing else I may start with coils and plugs to see where that gets me.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:13 PM
nodoors
User

Originally Posted by Taylorcar View Post
This is exactly what happens to mine. It's momentary roughness and almost as though the car is going to stall just as I stop. John, were you able to diagnose your problem or is it still occurring? If nothing else I may start with coils and plugs to see where that gets me.
This issue has been thoroughly documented. Your engine mounts have crushed down. Replacing them will resolve this.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:39 AM
Rehan1977
New User

Hello people,
Very informative and helpful thread, i am driving a porsche cayenne 955 year 2005 3.2L base grade. Can someone please confirm the part numbers for upgraded coils and plugs for my ride. Thanks.

regards,
Old 07-14-2017, 04:13 PM
gkoenig
User

2016 V6 Cayenne, 11k miles, progressively worse off-idle acceleration, very noticeable hesitation, slow pedal push gives 2 or 3 noticeable hesitations before normal acceleration.
Fast pedal push gives hesitation and then instantaneous, almost dangerous, acceleration.

Its gotten bad enough to warrant a dealership visit, I suspect coils based on this article. Texas temps are high this time of year, maybe heat related coil cracking.

I will report back.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:10 PM
gkoenig
User

Heard from dealer today, they say it needs a new x-fer case. Again, 11k miles, bullsh_t.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:37 PM
nodoors
User

Another 958 transfer case bites the dust...
Old 09-08-2017, 12:17 AM
19psi
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bought my '04 S two years ago with 51K miles and it just turned over 59K recently.
This summer I've been underwhelmed by the performance...seriously thought I'd just gotten acclimated to it and the thrill was over.

Decided to do the spark plugs and I couldn't find any receipts for coils so I ordered them from Pelican too. I assumed they were probably done under warranty at one point and due again.

Changed everything last night and I couldn't believe all the coils had 00 at the end, which means they are probably original. All 8 had a big crack in the same location.
Couldn't be happier with the condition of all 8 plugs.

I cannot believe the performance difference! It must have been down at least 100 hp. 2nd gear feels like what taking off in 1st used to feel like. 60 mph in 6th has the same feel as what 4th was like. Put it in 1st and romped on it while on dry asphalt and the traction control had to kick in.

Never experienced the bucking and hesitation others have.
Best $302 I've spent in a long time!

Old 10-25-2017, 02:55 PM
quickster2
Addict
Rennlist Member

What DTC's did you see or did you get a CEL with these bad coils?
Old 10-26-2017, 06:53 PM
19psi
Addict
Rennlist Member

No fault codes at all.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lots of Coils Information -Slight Roughness at low speeds ?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: