Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest updates on ECU / Chip tuning for CTT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been making call and the claims are quite extrordinary. So many seem to have the same product. Do any of you have a CTT that has been chipped? I'd lover to hear about a first hand experience with the same vehicle. Thanks for all the input so far, I still haven't made up my mind and the amount of money is still a bit staggering to me for software.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:11 PM
ms4cd
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree fully what's been said about revo. I also know a bit more about this...
Old 02-25-2006, 02:03 AM
Laura
Pro

Brett, Do you happen to be a GIAC dealer?
Old 02-25-2006, 01:17 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Laura
Brett, Do you happen to be a GIAC dealer?
I must say that I find this Revo bashing a little peculiar. Revo may not be a big Porsche chipper but they are quite well known in the aftermarket community. I posted on Audiworld for a few years and I can tell you that about a third of the chips floating around on that board are Revo...and nobody seems to have doubts about their products (no more so than any of the other chips out there).
As mentioned above, I had Revo on my old Audi TT and it absolutely rocked.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:24 PM
brett968
Racer

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

No, I am not a GIAC dealer or in anyway affiliated with GIAC. What I have posted about Revo is indisputable fact. Coochas, I am a bit surprised that you have not heard any of these allegations, they are quite well know in the Audi community.

I am not surprised that your car ran well as the source of the technology and calibration is well known. It is not difficult to provide a good chipping product using dishonest measures. Calibration files can be readily downloaded and copied. Copy protection devices are readily subverted. A car that runs well says does not necessarily mean the underlying company is legitimate.

If you don't believe me, research the subject yourself and ask questions. The following is a Mitchell Simmons email posted with the court documents regarding the aforementioned lawsuit:

Mitchell Simmons, Judge for Yourself

Brett
Old 02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Laura
Pro

Brett,
I am quite baffled about your posting regarding REVO and Mr. Simmons. Your comments and accusations seem to be quite personal and maybe slightly tainted toward a product that has been successful.

Your comments about the developers of the product having sales backgrounds and not engineering could not be farther from the truth, in my opinion. These gentlemen not having engineering backgrounds?, have you ever met these guys? Talked with them? (personal experience-dad was an engineer, 3 uncles engineers, myself worked for a a very large aerospace firm as a Logistical Engineering Administrator surrounded by hundreds of the nerds) No engineering background, where did you get your info? (Well, I will be 100% truthful, I did not ask to see their actual sheepskins on the wall before I did business with them ) Salesmen, you have got to be kidding! From where I stand, the biggest setback for REVO in the US has been their lack of pushing sales and their consistent and continuing R & D for a product that far exceeds the competition. They offer a very good product now and I wish we could let more people know about it.

Regarding the post by the gentleman with the 987S, Three logging sessions were not the complete time for development and and it was never inferred by his previous post. Anyone that understands automobile software development knows that that was a part of the development and it continues on.

Offices in Europe sound impressive, I suppose, but one of the reasons for REVO, is the majority of the partners live there. Engineers are not on premises? , well I guess you are partly right, they do travel around the world to dealers. But I can say many times we have called and reached them at the office or at their home in the UK. Your comment that they are a disreputable company is confusing because in just about every other county they deal directly with automotive dealers at the dealership facility flash programming cars. I firmly believe, these dealership owners have done their homework. No picture of their office on the website, so their facility on not legitimate, that's a stretch. Does the Porsche AG website show you pictures of their entire facilities and assembly plants around the world, clever marketing again?
Since you obviously were invited to their facilities, I am sure they will remember who you are when I discuss this thread with them. This may assist me in understanding what angle your comments are coming from.
"Checkered past" of Mitchell? This interests me as I had no idea! Please more gossip, more gossip!

Court case for alleged infractions? and just how did that turn out?

I am still considering REVO, am still interested in providing their product. You have stated "that Simmons and others at this company are crooks but I know more about them then most". Brett, you also state "I highly recommend that you call and ask some questions". I definitely have questions, Whom am I to call? You or REVO?

My name is Laura Hergesheimer, co owner of Hergesheimer MotorSports, a Porsche only independent facility that has been in business for 28 years.
www.hergesheimer.com
1 888 4 PORSCHE
Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 210 Posts

I hear ya Laurie.
Revo was nothing but good news on my old Audi TT and the few questions I sent Revo's way both pre- and post-purchase were handled very professionally. Again, over on Audiworld.com (THE Audi forum), TT owners love their Revo and have no more problems than with any other chip.
I don't know anyone personally with a Revo'd Porsche.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:51 PM
CTurbo77
Intermediate

So whats the bottom line?????? Also has anyone chipped using Gemballa or Techart ECU's??? id be very interested to see GIAC v Gemballa/Techart. In short this is what i know about the ECU's

GIAC-- done at the dealership, Very noticable power gains and NO problems with anyone who has used them.

FVD- While the power gains are less than the GIAC, the "drivability" is increased far more than GIAC.....instead of focussing on top end HP and TQ numbers the FVD chip actually improves the power along the entire cuve.

Revo- The highest gains over FVD/GIAC, i have only found one shop that does this and they stopped using the GIAC and switched to REVO due to the better performance...
Old 02-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

Yes, it's brass tacks time. Seems like a few more posts from those who've actually done the chipping would be helpful. Also, I've seen posts from members who used Upsolute for a Turbo, any of you guys listening in?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:42 PM
AMG ETR
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CTurbo77
So whats the bottom line?????? Also has anyone chipped using Gemballa or Techart ECU's??? id be very interested to see GIAC v Gemballa/Techart. In short this is what i know about the ECU's

GIAC-- done at the dealership, Very noticable power gains and NO problems with anyone who has used them.

FVD- While the power gains are less than the GIAC, the "drivability" is increased far more than GIAC.....instead of focussing on top end HP and TQ numbers the FVD chip actually improves the power along the entire cuve.

Revo- The highest gains over FVD/GIAC, i have only found one shop that does this and they stopped using the GIAC and switched to REVO due to the better performance...
I don't know about FVD not having high gains also, I did a before and after with my FVD ECU and gained 90HP and 150TQ at the wheels!!! Yes my CT dynoed 603RWTQ!! And yes it drives like stock
Evan
PS- I do work for FVD part time, but this is my personal experience (its only fair that everyone know though)
Old 02-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Josh Warner
Rennlist Member

That sounds like incredible gains. What's the story with the FVD, is it detectable by the dealer, switchable, price, who in Los Angeles does it? Didi it handle the lag problem and improve your throttle response?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:20 PM
DanielK
6th Gear

Originally Posted by CTurbo77

If anyone is interested we can do a comparison shootout on our dyno. Bring Revo, Giac or any other chips you guys are using. You can email me at dskim75@gmail.com

Our dyno is a MAHA, used by all the leading german tuners, including Gemballa, and an officially approved dyno by Porsche. Link here for more information.

Josh: Have you found out your stuttering problem yet? i can get your car scanned for free.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Laura
Pro

Daniel K, where are you located?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:53 PM
CTurbo77
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AMG ETR
I don't know about FVD not having high gains also, I did a before and after with my FVD ECU and gained 90HP and 150TQ at the wheels!!! Yes my CT dynoed 603RWTQ!! And yes it drives like stock
Evan
PS- I do work for FVD part time, but this is my personal experience (its only fair that everyone know though)
Hey Evan (im cayenneturbo77 on 6speed)......i was just relaying the info i was given by "the cayenne guy" at FVD...(i forgot his name even though u told me twice, had a shop in Massachusetts) told me when testing the GIAC and FVD alone with the CTT...the GIAC gains were higher (i know you have other mods) But clearly your numbers are superior to those of GIAC!! Which makes my ECU upgrade decision that much harder!!

We definatly need a Dyno day to sort this whole issue out....or bring it up the European Car and let them do the testing!!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:53 PM
DanielK
6th Gear

Laura,

I'm located in Cerritos. The dyno I use is located at AMS in Carson, CA.

As of right now, since we are not advertising or selling any off-the-shelf services for CTT, or any Porsche for that matter, I believe I can help facilitate a neutral middle ground for your testing.

Would you be interested in helping me set this up?

Quick Reply: Latest updates on ECU / Chip tuning for CTT