Old 02-15-2006, 12:33 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by wingless
What, like to work?

What do you get if you take an elephant into work?

Sole use of the elevator.
OK, you win......
Old 02-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Deke
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have tried cleaning the winshield really well and using rainx as you mentioned but it doesn't solve the problem, just makes it not so noticable.
I you look along the wiper blade as it sits on the window it appears that the outer sections of the blade are compressed more on the glass and the center just barely touches. It's one of those issues that you forget to tell the dealer about when you brought the car in for all the other issues a 2004
had, and with the nearest dealer being a bit out of my way it's hard to justify
taking it in for wipers (until it rains of course).
Old 02-15-2006, 09:54 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a DIY instruction around for replacing the cores of the blades with ones of your choice from Pepboys. I have not done it yet but will in the future. 10 bucks vs 70 bucks no contest.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:35 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Deke
I have tried cleaning the winshield really well and using rainx as you mentioned but it doesn't solve the problem, just makes it not so noticable.I you look along the wiper blade as it sits on the window it appears that the outer sections of the blade are compressed more on the glass and the center just barely touches. It's one of those issues that you forget to tell the dealer about when you brought the car in for all the other issues a 2004 had, and with the nearest dealer being a bit out of my way it's hard to justify taking it in for wipers (until it rains of course).
It is possible to purchase the Porsche part on-line, saving the drive. Check with the forum sponsors, or I have purchased many parts from Stoddard Imported Cars at: (800) 342-1414. They are top notch.

Originally Posted by ltc
OK, you win......
Originally Posted by ltc
OK, you win......
It sounds so nice I played it twice! To quote a very wise man, a Mr. H. Simpson, “Woo Hoo!”

My plan is to celebrate with one of my favorite dishes, custard. But I will remain cautious while dining. These are my reasons:

Why do elephants paint the soles of their feet yellow?
So they can hide upside-down in the custard!
Have you ever found an elephant in your custard?
See, it works!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:44 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

We now know your weakness Wingless ! might be a bad thing !

Keep on trunking

Old 02-15-2006, 01:09 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
We now know your weakness Wingless ! might be a bad thing !

Keep on trunking
That is an interesting wrinkle.

Why are elephants all wrinkled?

Did you ever try to iron one?
Old 02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

I you look along the wiper blade as it sits on the window it appears that the outer sections of the blade are compressed more on the glass and the center just barely touches.
My recently replaced wipers have uniform compression, except at the very end. At the very end, the last ½", they don't clean, which does not create a problem.

These are easy to change. Lift the arm. Rotate perpendicular. Remove and replace.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:56 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My recently replaced wipers have uniform compression, except at the very end. At the very end, the last ½", they don't clean, which does not create a problem. These are easy to change. Lift the arm. Rotate perpendicular. Remove and replace.
I have never had a problem with my blades other than when they were old. Replaced and work fine.. other than having to jiggle the frequency on intermittent and when using intermittent and not much rain.. then that's when they start sounding like the elep------, I hesitate to use the e-word because a certain someone has been using that as a reason to put lame e-word jokes on our "classy" forum!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are two (Workshop Campaign) Service Actions for wiper blade problems:
TSB 21/05 W605 – Replacing Windshield Wiper Blades -- dated 11-05-2005
TSB 20/05 W603 – Replacing Windshield Wiper Arms -- dated 10-07-05
Old 02-16-2006, 01:50 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Thanks Loren!

The W605 TSB document provides only limited utility. It states: "cause the wiper blade to produce rubbing noises" as one of the problem symptoms. The forum members are clearly more proficient at creating a description of the problem.

Other than that, the document details the problem and solution with typical Porsche efficiency.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:11 PM
marquiz
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm very sure that it's the wiper-arm problem ! Have the same problem on my CTT '04, 2 months ago.

First I've replaced wiper blades, but problem was still there. So I've visited my dealer and he had confirmed, that there has been such a problem with some Cayenne before, and the problem was solved after wiper-arm has been replaced.

I've ordered to replace my wiper-arm, too ! After replacement, problem was solved !
At no cost, under warranty !

P.S.Sorry for my english, coming from Slovenia / Europe.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marquiz
....P.S.Sorry for my english, coming from Slovenia / Europe.
Thanks for the post and for working so hard to put it into English. You have NO reason to apologize. I think most of us (Americans anyway) appreciate the difficulty of English and are ashamed at how few of us know any second language.

hvala in voziti avto dober! oprostite "bad" Slovene!

Welcome to the best forum in the Porsche world!
Old 02-22-2006, 03:57 PM
TimC.
Racer

I don't see any other postings about wipers but does anyone else have the problem where their wiper blades do not wipe in the center of the blade on the upstroke?
By center of the blade I mean a portion about and inch to either side of where the blade pivots on the arm. I have had the dealer replace the blades, I have swapped driver to passenger side blades, and even tried bending the blades back to relieve the tension from the ends of the blades that gives the blades their natural arc. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to correct it. It's particularly ugly in rainy, nights with a lot of glare, and this unwiped swath is right in my field of view.
I posted this topic last November concerning a similar problem. You may not have found it during your search because the subject of my post was more for humor but they really did sound like elephants! Some of the responses may help out....the fix that worked for me was to just not drive in the rain anymore

"Windshield wipers that sound like two angry elephants... "

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/170212-windshield-wipers-that-sound-like-two-angry-elephants.html
Old 02-22-2006, 04:24 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

How did you stop those angry elephants from charging?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:36 PM
TimC.
Racer

How did you stop those angry elephants from charging?
..Well I left that detail out since one of the tusks got me where the "sun dont shine" as I was running from them. Its was pretty brutal.

Then I went to the dealer and they "fixed" the problem by changing the blades which had a "new rubber compound" yeah right !!
FYIW they worked nice for like 30 days and now its back, but not as bad. Going in for service next Fri, so I will let you know

Quick Reply: Problem with wipers on Cayenne