Sponsored by:

Need help to install my CDC-4 Changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
gchu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help to install my CDC-4 Changer

I got my new CDC-4 CD changer and tried to install it to my pre-wired 05 CS. I don't have to run any cable since all the connectors & mounting bracket already there. I can’t just insert the CD changer into the slot because it is blocked by the trim piece. I spent a lot of time but still got no clue how the trim pieces can be removed so I can get access to the CD changer bracket. Anyone can help? Thanks.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are talking about removing the side panel in the cargo bay it's a pain. In fact don't even try to remove it, just pry back the top. Even that isn't easy.

Short version: pry off the rear right corner of the roof panel. Pry off the D pillar panel. Pry off the C pillar panel (optional, but makes the next step easier). Pry back the top of the side panel as far as you can, stick a block of wood in there to hold it back, then you will have access to the CD changer bracket.

All of the prying is made more challenging because the metal clips pull out of the plastic panel easier than they pull out of their holes. Then you have to remove them from the holes and return them to the plastic before you remount the panel.

Also, look for the occasional mounting screw or torx bolt. They hide in a few places.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need help to install my CDC-4 Changer