2 Day Trip, Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:50 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 Day Trip, Suggestions?

Okay, tomorrow around lunch leave for Atlanta and son's college town for two dinners and some biz in between. Will put about 10-12 hours of driving in 2 days -- uh, that's if no traffic "issues" in Atlanta or I-85 (which is an actual designation of an interstate in GA but most people think it is a speed limit sign.. no joke!)

SUGGESTIONS? to try out or to do with the Cayenne? This will put me close to 60,000 NAKED miles!

I thought about putting the S on 70mph and filling up as I leave and at each waypoint to see if could set a record gas mileage at 20 mpg or above... but I'm skeptical that I'll stick to the plan if some kid zooms past me in his Camry (yeah yeah, I'm still the guy that posted few years back and got lambasted about how I WILL call the license plate on kids exceeding 90mph - I'll give um 80-ish if not reckless).

Last edited by MadFox; 01-30-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
..... SUGGESTIONS? to try out or to do with the Cayenne? This will put me close to 60,000 NAKED miles!
Helloooooooooooooooooo?

I thought at least LTC would suggest to haul a trailer and see if the lights go out!
Old 01-25-2006, 01:47 PM
356driver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadFox - find a back road...get off the Interstate. Stop for coffee in small towns and let folks oogle over that "Porsh SUV thang". Have a great trip.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 356driver
MadFox - find a back road...get off the Interstate. Stop for coffee in small towns and let folks oogle over that "Porsh SUV thang". Have a great trip.
ahhhhh, the Lone Ranger comes to the rescue.. actually there are some great US highways alongside the interstate so that may actually be a great idea! I'm in no hurry and I have some time to "just drive"..

wonder if Tonto will chime in?!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Madfox,

can you let us know if there's any wheel vibration at 150mph?
Old 01-25-2006, 07:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Helloooooooooooooooooo?

I thought at least LTC would suggest to haul a trailer and see if the lights go out!
Sorry, nothing to suggest or add.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:34 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 941 Likes on 572 Posts

Hope Lewis isn't getting burned out!!

(Actually, if you're not a big hurry do take the back roads- always more interesting than the interstates. From experience though, some of the back roads in the south are scary at times- I remember driving my 914 from Iowa to the Daytona 24 back in the early and mid 70's when the interstates weren't all done- a furrin car got some strange looks at times, especially with a guy driving it by himself... can you say Deliverance?????)
Old 01-25-2006, 09:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
Hope Lewis isn't getting burned out!!
Yes.
I think it's almost time to issue a general
PAG and the Cayenne wins.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:13 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MadFox, now I am worried. I think you better extend your trip up north to Massachusetts to check on Lewis. It appears that he has either: (a) overdosed on meds and/or Kool-Aid; or (b) been taken hostage by a PAG enforcer who is actively threatening him with A506 cowboy belt buckle brass knuckles if he should make any disparginig remarks about the Cayenne.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by STATMAN
MadFox, now I am worried. I think you better extend your trip up north to Massachusetts to check on Lewis. It appears that he has either:
(a) overdosed on meds and/or Kool-Aid;
or
(b) been taken hostage by a PAG enforcer who is actively threatening him with A506 cowboy belt buckle brass knuckles if he should make any disparginig remarks about the Cayenne.
No need for a road trip. I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel....and it's not a Cayenne coming towards me.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:12 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
No need for a road trip. I am finally beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel....and it's not a Cayenne coming towards me.
LTC.. don't fly into the light... don't fly into the light.. uh-oh, his hands got free at the "villa" today.. it could be that he flapped his wings and tried to fly into the PAG MOST fiber optic light.. LTC.. don't do it.. it's a trap! PAG has a Cayenne malcontent zapper light.. you're under its spell.. LTC Warning Will Robinson.. WARNING!!

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoops too many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it could make him SNAP but NOT out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:22 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Incidentally, Road trip (only 4 plus hours today) was without event.. I will report more later but never got above 78 as the traffic was heavy and saw no less than a dozen state troopers and county sheriffs.. all had gotten some prey.... NAV was simply stupendous.. it is so cool to see how you're progressing and assorted travel info..

Hit rush hour in Atlanta - downtown saw 2 fender benders on 75/85 and a jerk in a Lexus weaving in/out of the HOV lane with no occupants. Atlanta is such a nightmare.. really worse than just about anywhere.. Tonight, I-75 north of Marietta is shut down until 1 a.m. (for past 5-6 hours) because of a vehicle accident with fatalities.. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE...

and alex and happy to report at 1/2 of 150 no vibration! ha!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:35 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

LTC.. don't fly into the light... don't fly into the light.. uh-oh, his hands got free at the "villa" today.. it could be that he flapped his wings and tried to fly into the PAG MOST fiber optic light.. LTC.. don't do it.. it's a trap! PAG has a Cayenne malcontent zapper light.. you're under its spell.. LTC Warning Will Robinson.. WARNING!!

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoops too many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it could make him SNAP but NOT out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, but I think it's getting close to the time for me to say goodbye.
It was fun while it lasted....but it's just not fun anymore.

My God, I think I might actually be growing up.....this is going to suck.
Old 01-26-2006, 01:49 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Thanks, but I think it's getting close to the time for me to say goodbye. It was fun while it lasted....but it's just not fun anymore. My God, I think I might actually be growing up.....this is going to suck.
i thought your nickname at the villa was peter pan? grow up? I hear defeat --- is "das beast" in the shop again? did MOST just wear your **** out? did PAG throw Russian vodka on your face and wake you up? Remember, lifetime membership sans-Cayenne, regardless. Don't you want to wait and see if Hawaii enters the ext. warranty business?
Old 01-26-2006, 03:40 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Incidentally, Road trip (only 4 plus hours today) was without event.. I will report more later but never got above 78 as the traffic was heavy and saw no less than a dozen state troopers and county sheriffs.. all had gotten some prey.... NAV was simply stupendous.. it is so cool to see how you're progressing and assorted travel info..

Hit rush hour in Atlanta - downtown saw 2 fender benders on 75/85 and a jerk in a Lexus weaving in/out of the HOV lane with no occupants. Atlanta is such a nightmare.. really worse than just about anywhere.. Tonight, I-75 north of Marietta is shut down until 1 a.m. (for past 5-6 hours) because of a vehicle accident with fatalities.. BE CAREFUL OUT THERE...

and alex and happy to report at 1/2 of 150 no vibration! ha!

You didnt call in the lexus? no plates? glad there's no vibrations..
So you got 8 hours to go? be safe and enjoy the drive

Quick Reply: 2 Day Trip, Suggestions?