Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MadFox
i thought your nickname at the villa was peter pan? grow up? I hear defeat --- is "das beast" in the shop again? :
Yes. This time people flew in to have playtime with the Cayenne.

did MOST just wear your **** out? :
No. Designing MOST stuff comes easy to me. Been there, done that.

Remember, lifetime membership sans-Cayenne, regardless.:
Thanks, I'll remember that.

Don't you want to wait and see if Hawaii enters the ext. warranty business?
I'm waiting for you to run for Govenor of Hawaii...you will have my vote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, tomorrow around lunch leave for Atlanta and son's college town for two dinners and some biz in between. Will put about 10-12 hours of driving in 2 days -- uh, that's if no traffic "issues" in Atlanta or I-85 (which is an actual designation of an interstate in GA but most people think it is a speed limit sign.. no joke!)

SUGGESTIONS? to try out or to do with the Cayenne? This will put me close to 60,000 NAKED miles!

I thought about putting the S on 70mph and filling up as I leave and at each waypoint to see if could set a record gas mileage at 20 mpg or above... but I'm skeptical that I'll stick to the plan if some kid zooms past me in his Camry (yeah yeah, I'm still the guy that posted few years back and got lambasted about how I WILL call the license plate on kids exceeding 90mph - I'll give um 80-ish if not reckless).
You'll have no problems. I took my Pepper down to Encinada from SF - 9 hours. I'm glad you weren't around to clock me. The truck was flawless when I also took to our pit in the mountains of Baja for the 1000. Lots of slab with a little dirt, a nice recipe for a blast.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:59 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
Thanks, but I think it's getting close to the time for me to say goodbye. It was fun while it lasted....but it's just not fun anymore. My God, I think I might actually be growing up.....this is going to suck.
Now, LTC.. I know this isn't with a trailer and no lights.. but 18-19 mpg for a v8 with lots of horsies is pretty amazing.... 12.5 hours no problems.. still got looks and teasing to race.. a X5 went by but I just let him go! Know it is hard to believe it -- but the trip nav is accurate! I confirmed that these numbers are within a few tenths with my gas receipts. I'm tired got in late had to get up early.. time for bed.. I must be dreaming.. think I saw a post saying the Cayenne was awesome and the author was LTC???????????????????????
Attached Images   
Old 01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now, LTC.. I know this isn't with a trailer and no lights.. but 18-19 mpg for a v8 with lots of horsies is pretty amazing.... 12.5 hours no problems.. still got looks and teasing to race.. a X5 went by but I just let him go! Know it is hard to believe it -- but the trip nav is accurate! I confirmed that these numbers are within a few tenths with my gas receipts. I'm tired got in late had to get up early.. time for bed.. I must be dreaming.. think I saw a post saying the Cayenne was awesome and the author was LTC???????????????????????
Nah... They've changed the application of his meds to the rectal variety...

amazing what a change of application can do...
Old 01-30-2006, 01:48 PM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now, LTC.. I know this isn't with a trailer and no lights.. but 18-19 mpg for a v8 with lots of horsies is pretty amazing....
I think this is just great for an SUV with a V8. This is very encouraging for me. LTC maybe you should consider a trade-in for a 2006 CS/CTT. The reports of late are truly encouraging - although I would miss the detailed commentaries that make my day more often than not. JW
Old 01-30-2006, 04:56 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW3
I think this is just great for an SUV with a V8. This is very encouraging for me. LTC maybe you should consider a trade-in for a 2006 CS/CTT. The reports of late are truly encouraging - although I would miss the detailed commentaries that make my day more often than not. JW
Oh my gosh... Torags, Mudman2, skl, 356 driver.. get the extra strong straight jacket out of the garage.. bring in the cardio cart with paddles... standby.. ltc about to respond to query about buying another cayenne.... stand by with 500 jewels to start the shock treatment..

CLEAR
We successfully administered shock treatment.. WAIT --- he's still agitated.. let's put the outer garment straight jacket on... QUICK guys.. before he recovers from the shock... WAIT get the freakin pencil out of his mouth.. he could choke... wait he's thrashing again .. mudman2 crank it to 1000 jewels...CLEAR phew.. I think we caught him in time.. he might rationally say "no thank you" in his reply..
Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Torags
Nah... They've changed the application of his meds to the rectal variety...
amazing what a change of application can do...
Well after PCNA rectally "installed" the Cayenne for me......meds are now a piece of cake.
Thanks PCNA
Old 01-31-2006, 01:45 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Well after PCNA rectally "installed" the Cayenne for me......meds are now a piece of cake.
Thanks PCNA
Now this is impressive. But, once again we are thrown into a quandry. Was it the alignment of the MEDS or was it the cardio paddles that brought about this serenity in ltc? Or, was the above simply an answer to Torag's statement and not to the MadFox reply? Very interesting approach. Are we in for a stealth answer? Has ltc solicited the assistance of some sort of airborne preditor to maybe deliver a reply ala Slim Pickens? Should I check the skies before waking out of my house - for sure. JW
Old 01-31-2006, 10:44 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JW3
Now this is impressive. But, once again we are thrown into a quandry. Was it the alignment of the MEDS or was it the cardio paddles that brought about this serenity in ltc? Or, was the above simply an answer to Torag's statement and not to the MadFox reply? Very interesting approach. Are we in for a stealth answer? Has ltc solicited the assistance of some sort of airborne preditor to maybe deliver a reply ala Slim Pickens? Should I check the skies before waking out of my house - for sure. JW
It took BOTH! He's a nasty, ornery, strong-willed old alley cat.

Quick Reply: 2 Day Trip, Suggestions?