Sponsored by:

Please read if interested in extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:23 PM
JARO
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please read if interested in extended warranty

Hey, spoke to my dealer - they have been in business selling Mercedes for close to 50 years and recently aquired a Porsche dealership. Anyways, I spoke to the finance guy about my 03 Cay S with 32k miles and asked him to quote me on 3 year 75k extended warranty. I was quoted 3100 no deductible, covers all that Porsche warranty covers. The warranty company they use has been around for many years and specialize in high end cars. Since I always think of my Rennlist family I asked if they could do a group deal and he said that by all means something can be worked out. All cars outside the state of Illinois would have to have a 90 day grace period for pre-existing condition reasons but they can do out of state coverage. The company is a national one, did not ge the name but I'm sure they deal with solid organizations since they have established name here in Chicago. The warranty cost increases in 06 since the moment the year changes the car is considered year older to the insurance outfit and coverage starts from day one NOT from date of manufacturers warranty like some do. I'll try to get more info and post it but is anyone interested?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an 03 with 48k, I am concidering keeping until 100k, I will inquire about what our dealer here in Tampa has to offer and let ya know, I am certainly interested in some form of warranty.

thanks

tom
Old 12-28-2005, 10:57 PM
JARO
Pro

let me know Tom and perhaps we can cut a deal with your guy...if not we can get one from mine and get a group buy discount.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:46 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

I will check with my dealer also.. I'm at 57K and some policies will not cover you once you're out of the original manf. warranty and/or a one year "pre-existing" time frame.. that is what is going to stink about this if I'm forced to STAY naked!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 AM
JARO
Pro

I ALMOST got a 06 550i...then I backed out, got into the Cayenne and forgot about the 550 quickly...so now it is decision time. Get the warranty or just go with the flow since I got about 8 months before I hit 50k...would love to get a 911 but got money tied up in real estate and have some closings coming up so do not want to lease or buy an expensive vehicle...I need 4 doors so it's cayenne or a bimmer...will not get another SUV unless it is a Cayenne. Frickin dilema!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:57 PM
JARO
Pro

come on guys! no one interested...? I think the deal quoted is great
Old 12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MadFox
.. that is what is going to stink about this if I'm forced to STAY naked!
The only problem I have with naked Cayenne ownership is when you're outside in the cold
Old 12-29-2005, 07:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JARO
come on guys! no one interested...? I think the deal quoted is great
I appreciate your efforts and all, but since I don't wash/wax or change the oil/brakes on this thing (and it still runs after 56K miles), I don't think I'm in the 'Cayenne aftermarket warranty' demographic.

That having been said, I find it amazing that no one else has taken you up on your offer.
NO ONE here has gone on record to actually be WILLING to KNOWINGLY hang onto a Cayenne AFTER the 4/50 warranty expires..........
Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
JARO
Pro

...NO ONE except for you...right? you are one tough daddy!!!!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

...NO ONE except for you...right? you are one tough daddy!!!!
No, just stubborn & thickheaded.
What else do you expect from someone whose initials are:
LoveTheCayenne?

I thought you were considering getting rid of the Cayenne? Owning it with an extended warranty made you change your mind?
Old 12-29-2005, 09:33 PM
JARO
Pro

crap, still do not know what to do...I'll not get a new Cayenne or 911. Not that I had some major issues, I want to see where the Cayenne will go in 2-3 years when the Panamera is released.BMW's are way to frickin' common but some are fun to drive and do not cost much as far as maintnance. What else is there that will not break the bank and would still be fun to drive. Loosing sleep over this. Keep or trade out of it...no idea...In a couple of years I'll be in a market for a 911 (if they RMS situation clears up) or just get like you suggested CPO Turbo.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have about 6-8 months to go on my car and I'm interested. However, The company would have to be licensed in CA. The state requires certain provable assets and the insurance commissioner is very consumer oriented.

I researched the after market companies for my 996, when running scared for the RMS issue. I declined because I never felt they had the assets.

I would prefer to hold onto my Pepper and would probably go naked unless it's truely a sound company. The only think that concerns me is the replacement cost of the pasm.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:54 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I am interested. Have 05 TT with 25K miles. How much??
Old 12-29-2005, 11:29 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

crap,
Well said, my thoughts exactly

What else is there that will not break the bank and would still be fun to drive.
Honda S2000 is a fun little car to drive.
A Rennspeed Mazda Miata is also VERY fun to drive.
An RSAmerica (I miss mine) is a very nice Pcar.....LOVE the manual steering, a very satisfying daily driver.
I'm looking forward to spring when I can drive my 968 Cab. Bought it, brought it home....just waiting for spring.

Loosing sleep over this. Keep or trade out of it...no idea...In a couple of years I'll be in a market for a 911 (if they RMS situation clears up).
I wouldn't count on it.

or just get like you suggested CPO Turbo.
Hard to go wrong with a CPO 996TT....orices are falling faster than dresses after the Senior Prom.
I'm pretty sure you would consider it 'fun to drive'
Old 12-29-2005, 11:33 PM
JARO
Pro

yeah CPO 996 will be in my garage...done with Japanese cars. Need something larger. Sort of hoping the RS4 turns out to be a nice ride or the M3...when are you going to get out of your Cayenne? when it blows up on you?

Quick Reply: Please read if interested in extended warranty