Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIAC TUNING-

I am looking for some feedback on the GIAC tuning program for the Cayenne Turbo
Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a dyno appt, on the 13th of jan maybe you can wait then. I also have the KN filters and fabspeed bypass pipes, we'll see what the dyno says Sharkwerks did mine, and I love it. If you floor it boost starts early before 3K, just like stock it adapts to how you drive the car, throttle response is instant but not scary, power is very linear just like driving a stick shift when you use the tiptronic no lags at all. You can also asked Stephen or Alex(Sharkster) for details...
I'm have only driven it around 400 miles and here in the bay area cant really maxed it out, I'm taking the car to Vegas next week so I'll give more reviews will try it out on a more open road..lol
I also have the switching function you can put it back to stock.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:33 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks Alex, glad you're liking it! Yeps we've done a lot of Pepper TT's out here with the GIAC Flash.. We usually do the K&N filters, the Fabspeed Bypass pipes and then an exhaust of _your_ choice. The sound is much improved (although still quiet in the cabin) but the power is noticeable there.. Hits sooner and harder Depending upon where you're at you can pop into your local GIAC/EVO dealer and try it out
Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 PM
secures4
2nd Gear

Alex, Definitely keep us posted on the dyno results!
Old 01-08-2006, 12:42 AM
Rider1
Advanced

Default More info regarding GIAC Tuning...

Hello! For my '05 CTT, I brought it to Alex at SharkWerks and he flashed the vehicle's computer with the GIAC program for pump gas. I also have the ability to return the vehicle to stock...it takes about ten seconds which is VERY convenient and handy!

The results are very impressive ! Noticeable more power across the powerband especially at higher (4,500 - redline) rpm's. My CTT also has the Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes and BMC air filters. These were done about a month before the GIAC tuning was performed by Alex.

No question these are the best "bang for the buck" mods for the CTT! I highly recommend them !

Dave
Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Heya Dave,

Thanks for trekking out to us for that and I'm so glad you are enjoying the upgrade Not many cars get it that good... namely the 996TT, CTT, Bentley Conti, Audi RS6 are the ones I can think of

Quick Reply: GIAC TUNING-