Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mileage?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 08:54 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

2 1/2 year old 04CT with 23Kmi. Very happy with performance after all the service actions, very reliable, and has not been to the dealer in at least 6 months. I like the NAV system, and intend to hold on to the vehicle for a long time. No complaints, and yes, the "Check Trailer Lights" was fixed long ago -- something like my 'C' was programmed for some European spec instead of the US one. Anyway, great vehicle, and great dealer.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
No complaints, and yes, the "Check Trailer Lights" was fixed long ago -- something like my 'C' was programmed for some European spec instead of the US one.
Fixed? Did I miss something?
Would you mind if I asked what kind of trailer (#/type of lights) you successfully connect?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:50 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

That got my attention as well Lewis! Hope he responds... maybe they don't have trailers in Europe...no wait, I've seen some there when on holiday...
Old 12-26-2005, 10:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
That got my attention as well Lewis! Hope he responds... maybe they don't have trailers in Europe...no wait, I've seen some there when on holiday...
Yes, and in Europe, LED lighting is very popular on trailers

Right now philg3 is saying "What did I get myself into?"

Yes, there are some Cayenne owners who can detect a single "!" from great distances.....just like sharks being able to detect a drop of blood from 1 mile away.......
Old 12-26-2005, 10:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

It looks as though we went to "PCNA DEFCON2 on "!" for nothing.

I did a search for philg3's past posts for "check" and came back with "check hitch", not "check trailer lights".
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=check

No, I'm not sure I want to know what THAT one means.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:28 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

I'm not sure (if I remember that post) we ever could figure out what check hitch meant... BTW, as soon as our Audi dealer gets a Q7 in with a trailer hitch on it, I'm going to hook up the trailer to it and turn on the lights, and... (just curious as the couple new Cayennes at our local dealer with hitches never have the Pollack connector on them...)

BTW, sorry Lewis and I have hijacked this thread...
Old 12-27-2005, 12:47 AM
Rider1
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

'05 CTT, 8K miles. No problems for the dealer to fix. Just the usual hesitation after stepping on the throttle especially after turning a corner but the fix is "tip it". I've learned to live with it and find the CTT to be a GREAT vehicle! Fun to drive!

I would not keep it beyond warranty expiration and would consider another CTT.

Dave R.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
... BTW, as soon as our Audi dealer gets a Q7 in with a trailer hitch on it, I'm going to hook up the trailer to it and turn on the lights, and... (just curious as the couple new Cayennes at our local dealer with hitches never have the Pollack connector on them...)

BTW, sorry Lewis and I have hijacked this thread...
OK, so we're more like a couple of pirates, roaming the seas of new SUV purchases, boarding each new vehicle and checking to see if it has a "!"
Of course, our esteemed moderator/day care provider will have the rank of Captain.

All we need are a couple of eyepatches, a parrot for the shoulder and.........hmmmn, more ideas for the 'deceased' Cayenne forum T shirt project.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:33 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Fixed? Did I miss something?
Would you mind if I asked what kind of trailer (#/type of lights) you successfully connect?
I have a double axel trailer for my 23ft Cobalt boat with surge brakes, tail lights & turn signals. Initially, I had the "Check Trailer Lights" warning just like everyone else, and it didn't bother me too much. But then, all of a sudden, with no trailer attached, I got a "Check Hitch" warning on my display. I posted this when it happened. Anyway, I checked the hitch, and it was still there. The warning would not go away, so it went into the shop. They had never seen the warning either, but working with Porsche technical support, they changed some software that made the "Check Hitch" warning go away. The next time I used the trailer, no warnings came on. As I posted, they said I had some S/W for European models instead of the US one. Claridges in Fremont, CA did the work. Kimo is my service advisor, and Rick is the senior technician there -- both guys are excellent.

Quick Reply: Mileage?