New [used] CS delayed at pickup - questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 AM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New [used] CS delayed at pickup - questions

I went to the dealership last evening to pick up the 05 CS I purchased sight unseen form a non Porsche dealer. They agreed to have it ready to go for my arrival. Upon arrival the vehicle was better looking than I expected. I took it for a test ride and the left headlight and turn signal did not work, the check engine exclamation light was on and they did not have one of the factory keys [by the way are there only two keys]. Maybe they thought I would not notice????

Anyway they are supposedly taking the car to the local Porsche dealer [where it was originally purchased] on Friday to have it serviced and they are going to flat bed it to my home by Friday evening. I'm ok with that resolution since the car only has 14k miles on it and its probably no big deal.

I doubt they will have the other factory key in time so I will have to hold back some of the payment until they deliver that. If they have to order another factory key, is that possible? How long and how much?

Any other input from anyone that may know the vehicle, its at Rosenthal Jaguar in Chantilly. Its an 05 CS, 14k mi, one owner, blk/blk?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-23-2005, 08:52 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, they can order a factory key, as long as they have the VIN along with proof of ownership. Once cut and received, the Porsche dealer will program the key to match the vehicle.

~$300 and 2-3 weeks (unless they can PDX the order from Germany..in that case 1-2 weeks)
Old 12-23-2005, 08:54 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

The Porsche dealer should be able to tell its history and what all has been done to it- that would be nice to know. Make sure all the TSB's are up to date, etc... BTW, black on black looks pretty good... and I've put on clear corners since that early picture, a definite improvement...

Old 12-23-2005, 09:07 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
skl,
My eyes hurt just LOOKING at those wheels (where are my sunglasses)

Are those the color they're SUPPOSED to be? Is this a photoshop deal?

OK, fine, I'm off to wash the '2 year baked on brake dust finish' on my Cayenne wheels....of course the wife will probably want to know what happened to all of the Brillo pads when I'm done

What, now you're telling me that you actually NEED a clearcoat?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
phaedrus242
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This story reeks of Luxury Motors.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:26 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 936 Likes on 567 Posts

No clearcoat Lewis, I just got rid of those ugly yellow side markers... if your local supermarket runs out of brillo pads, let me know and I'll send you some
Old 12-23-2005, 03:08 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

itc got confused because the wheels weren't PCNA black

Quick Reply: New [used] CS delayed at pickup - questions