Sponsored by:

Cayenne on the Beach

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
hamiam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne on the Beach

We are headed out to our beach house this weekend. Have never taken the CS on the beach. Ive noticed that others deflate their tires which seems to help with traction. Any other advice? PSM off or on? Differental lock? Gearing? Any advice on driving technique? Thanks...
Old 12-10-2005, 07:53 AM
T2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 54 Posts

I live very close to the ocean and have not yet ventured onto the beach yet - there are paths you can use (with the appropriate sticker) also - you will want to deflate your tires (how much I am not sure) - bring a shovel in case you do get stuck - good luck and let us know how you make out....
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 AM
JGriff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hamiam
We are headed out to our beach house this weekend. Have never taken the CS on the beach. Ive noticed that others deflate their tires which seems to help with traction. Any other advice? PSM off or on? Differental lock? Gearing? Any advice on driving technique? Thanks...
I traded in a 2001 Audi allroad for my Cayenne... and when I used to spend time in the allroad forum, there were posts about going out on the beach. I do remember that there was a recommendation to deflate the tires, as well as bring a shovel etc.

The information may be of some help, since the Cayenne essentially has a version of the same quattro system. The Cayenne also has an air adjustable suspension like the allroad.

You may want to do a search for "beach", or "sand" or "offroad" at the allroad forum.

allroad forum

Hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:25 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

PSM off keep the revs up, dont stop
Old 12-11-2005, 03:38 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mudman2
PSM off keep the revs up, dont stop
What he said...Momentum is your friend...

Quick Reply: Cayenne on the Beach