Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you like MOST about your pepper...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What do you like MOST about your pepper...

Maybe I'm still just in the happy early stages of Cayenne ownership, but I'm getting a little tired of all the (arguably necessary) posts about problems/complaints. I'd guess we all bought our Cayennes (V6/S/Turbo) for different reasons...none of those being it's drawbacks...

If you had to state only one thing you MOST enjoy about your vehicle, what would it be?

Last edited by Budget M3; 10-28-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, today what I like most is that I finally have it back from the body shop after 16 days for fixing the damage a kamikaze deer caused! After spending 16 days with the POS Chevy Trail Blazer rental, I have a completely new perspective on just how wonderful my Cayenne really is!!

Old 10-28-2005, 11:31 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Driving "at speed" on long sweeping curves feeling the suspension operate (e.g rt 80 in PA)
Old 10-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by Renn 951
Well, today what I like most is that I finally have it back from the body shop after 16 days for fixing the damage a kamikaze deer caused! After spending 16 days with the POS Chevy Trail Blazer rental, I have a completely new perspective on just how wonderful my Cayenne really is!!

Glad to hear your pepper is back on the road again <bang>...I feel the same way after returning from a business trip where I had to drive a rental (Trailblazer, Suburban, Tahoe, Impala, Malibu, Cadillac...anything from GM...of course there are no fleet rental Corvettes )

<bang> = I must confess that I still don't get the whole no exclamation point thing, but this is my attempt to get around it...BTW, in computer programming circles, "!" used to be pronounced "bang" <bang>
Old 10-28-2005, 11:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
You guys go on ahead....I'll watch this one from the sidelines.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:43 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Budget M3
I must confess that I still don't get the whole no exclamation point thing

Would Mudman2, MadFox and/or skl please give me my meds now

Would someone else please explain the history of "!" to our new member.....I just don't think I have it in me at the moment.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc

Would Mudman2, MadFox and/or skl please give me my meds now

Would someone else please explain the history of "!" to our new member.....I just don't think I have it in me at the moment.
I don't understand the purplesauraus koolaid thing either, but I know I will like it <bang>
Old 10-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
The story is that whenever Lewis hooks up his trailer lights when pulling his track car, his Cayenne is so excited at the opportunity to do serious work that it rewards him with the "!" signal on his speedometer. Lewis finds this extremely annoying, however, but after swallowing his daily sedatives with the help of a gallon of purple Kool Aid, he starts to feel somewhat better and peace and harmony is restored to the Rennlist Cayenne Forun!

Old 10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Aha...Thanks for the explanation...I guess that would be the one most ANNOYING thing about Lewis' Cayenne...so....

Lewis--What's the one thing you like MOST about your pepper?
Old 10-29-2005, 12:24 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts

I wondered how long it'd be before Lewis piped in

One word- versatility. (In fairness to Lewis, if my trailer lights FAILED to work at all and I had a 4 hour tow home from the race track after dark, I'd be pissed off too. Luckily I've only gotten the ! which is annoying, but at least the lights continue to work.

Our whole family loves driving the thing (can't decide if it's a car or a truck...)
Old 10-29-2005, 12:26 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 963 Likes on 587 Posts

Forgot to mention: LEWIS, it's time for your meds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:47 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Maybe I'm still just in the happy early stages of Cayenne ownership, but I'm getting a little tired of all the (arguably necessary) posts about problems/complaints. I'd guess we all bought our Cayennes (V6/S/Turbo) for different reasons...none of those being it's drawbacks...

If you had to state only one thing you MOST enjoy about your vehicle, what would it be?
The overall handling and stability at high speed...
Old 10-29-2005, 11:55 AM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

CTT: Being on a trailing-throttle in the middle of the rev-range... that feeling of building momentum is fantastic...

Last edited by urban_alchemist; 10-29-2005 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:56 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by skl
I wondered how long it'd be before Lewis piped in
I'm always here...what else do I have to do strapped down to a bed in a straightjacket typing on a keyboard with nothing but a pencil between my teeth But I do look forward to the cute blonde and the sponge bath. MadFox keeps promising to visit, but he never shows up

Originally Posted by skl
In fairness to Lewis, if my trailer lights FAILED to work at all and I had a 4 hour tow home from the race track after dark, I'd be pissed off too.
Yes, if it only happened once, I'd classify that as being pissed off.
After 3 seperate times, I think I passed 'pissed off' 3-4 exits ago. (BTW, when it comes to quality time with my Cup car and the track, I'd drive to the track at 3AM with 2 flashlights taped to the car&trailer if that's what it took....which is actually what it took)
Of course the irony is that when you have a total loss of trailer lighting, the normally always on "!" goes OFF on the dashboard, so you have no idea it's happened.

That's OK, one way or the other, it will be resolved, I'm sure.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:03 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Lewis--What's the one thing you like MOST about your pepper?
Since it's early and I HAVE taken my meds, I guess you deserve an answer.

Rear cargo compartment, passenger side, remove the carpeted cover, look up and you will see a black aluminum extrusion probably with a silver bottom cover.
It's the Bose MOST DSP audio amplifier (which happens to be the same unit used in all MY03+ Porsches...996, 986, 997, 987, 955, Cayman).
That is probably the only thing I like most (no pun intended) about my Cayenne.

Quick Reply: What do you like MOST about your pepper...