Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I really need PASM

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:01 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Lewis, even tho I still get the !, all the lights still work. That problem was fixed with the change in controller 18 months ago.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by MadFox
I am a "defender of the faith" as Lewis would say.. :
You're not even close.
True "Defenders of the Cayenne Faithful" are easy to identify....rabid foaming at the mouth as a reflexive response to:
A. ANY criticism of the perfect automobile
B. ANY Cayenne post by yours truly
(they also have an aversion to sunlight, days ending in the letter Y and often secretly rent "chick flix"
THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE

(keeping the Cayenne till it blows up)
I would quickly knock on wood, find a four leaf clover, get a few rabbit's feet or something, especially after saying something like that

Welcome to the "club", you won't regret the decision.... oh and the official Cayenne Kool-Aid recipe is included at no additional cost!
Personally, I'd make him wait a bit longer until given full Cayenne forum memberships.....don't think he's suffered quite enough yet to be considered a true Cayenne owner.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:03 PM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the responses and support. I spoke with the dealer today and they were able to add the PASM. Here is my final list of what I will be getting.

Cayenne S
Basalt Black Metallic
Black Embossed Leather
Bi-Xenon Headlamp w/ Washers
Moonroof
Variable Assist Power Steering
Trailer Hitch without Hitch Ball
Air suspension with PASM
18" Cayenne Turbo Wheel
All-Season Tires on 18" Rims
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Light Comfort Package With Memory
Comfort Seats with Memory
Front Heated Seats w/ Heated Steering Wheel
Soft Look Leather Seats - Embossed Leather
Dark Wood Package
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Compass Display
Satellite Radio XM
6-Disc CD Changer
Floor Mats

$69,500
Old 10-10-2005, 04:53 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by huskydog
Thanks to everyone for the responses and support. I spoke with the dealer today and they were able to add the PASM. Here is my final list of what I will be getting.
Great options.. you're going to love your S and the PASM choice will just make it even nicer for your wife. I'm doing the reverse of you.. looking at getting a 997 cab. Thinking of just getting the straight Carrera vs. a S or Turbo. How do you like it and how has it done in the "glitch dept."? Did you trade the 997 for the Cayenne or are you keeping both?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:59 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
You're not even close. ....THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE
Phew, I consider that a complement<@
Originally Posted by ltc
I would quickly knock on wood, find a four leaf clover, get a few rabbit's feet or something, especially after saying something like that
poor choice of words enabling the possibility of Murphy's law to attack my S. You are correct<@ Therefore, Proper terminology should be "until the 300,000 mile point defect and glitch free"<@
Originally Posted by ltc
Personally, I'd make him wait a bit longer until given full Cayenne forum memberships.....don't think he's suffered quite enough yet to be considered a true Cayenne owner.
Good point and I concur. Shall we, long-time suffering Cayenne glitch fixer-uppers (those who have had all the problems to save the world<@) determine a number of trips to the dealer before allowing new buyers to sip the Kool-Aid? I propose 3 trips to the dealer for non-scheduled maintenance as a minimum threshold to be a Cayenne forum Kool-Aid member. Do I hear a second?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I'm at 18 trips, so I already am grandfathered in.
Hmmn, 18 trips, Cayenne doesn't have PCM/NAV, yet it can literally drive itself to the dealer.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow, congrats George and Sandi, nice options on your CS and great to hear you were able to get the PASM
Old 10-10-2005, 08:57 PM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great options.. you're going to love your S and the PASM choice will just make it even nicer for your wife. I'm doing the reverse of you.. looking at getting a 997 cab. Thinking of just getting the straight Carrera vs. a S or Turbo. How do you like it and how has it done in the "glitch dept."? Did you trade the 997 for the Cayenne or are you keeping both?
997 is gone, dealer bought it back for 7k less than I paid for it. It was a standard carrera and it was fantastic. Drove both the S and the standard and did not really notice enough difference to warrant the extra money. 997 had bixenon, heated seats, dual power seats, NAV. Fairly basic [except is was yellow]. I went to the PDE last April where I drove the S on the track in addition to the standard. The S was better, but only because it had the ceramic brakes. Otherwise only the true racers could tell the difference. Never a glitch of any kind with the car, except seat memory did not work until they downloaded a patch 30 days after I got it, otherwise no problems at all.

With that said its the same thing, the S has some nice options and would probably hold its value a little more, but yo cannot go wrong with either decision. The only negative with the Turbo is they have not changed it over to the "997 look" and I like that look so much better than the "996 look". Just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

997 is gone, dealer bought it back for 7k less than I paid for it. It was a standard carrera and it was fantastic..
So why did you trade it? Did you consider owning both? I'm looking at both.. 997 for fun by myself or just the wife and the S for utility.. split time between them? Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2005, 10:16 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

So why did you trade it? Did you consider owning both? I'm looking at both.. 997 for fun by myself or just the wife and the S for utility.. split time between them? Thoughts?

Madfox: I was torn also but I drove a base 997 I just cant get rid of the cayenne so I tried driving a cayenne turbo, totally changed my mind
my plan was a 997 , i already sold all my accessories. Maybe the 997 C4Sbut too high for me, but compared to the base 997, I get more fun in the CS/CTT. Remember I was playing with the m3, 996,997 crowd at last months drive with my CS, totally changed my mind after the drive.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:27 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good job on adding that PASM, you won't regert it $ (Tonight in the roll of the exclamation point, the dollar sign)
Old 10-11-2005, 01:16 AM
eugkim
Rennlist Member

Great choice, right options. In terms of nav, I find it fairly useless. While I'd never get a car without the factory nav, the Garmin unit I got for my boat (276c) blows away any of the OEMs I've had (2 Audis, Porsche, Toyota). Of the factory units, the Toyota's the best.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:55 AM
huskydog
Addict
Rennlist Member

I could have had both, but I decided to simplify my life a little. The wife has a Lexus GS430 as her daily driver and I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee, we both had the 997. So one car always sat outside, sometimes two [sold the 944 track car, but will replace it in the spring], and I just got tired of more cars than garage. The CS seemed like a great compromise between the 997 and the Jeep. Did not want to build another garage or add a lift on one side. I think I'll just start saving a little more so I can retire at 55. So I sort of had what you are looking at, the 997 for fun alone or with the wife and the Jeep four utility. It was a perfect combination while it lasted, the CS instead of the Jeep, just makes it more perfect.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:18 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Good job on adding that PASM, you won't regret it $ (Tonight in the role of the exclamation point, the dollar sign)
Thank you

Quick Reply: Do I really need PASM