Rim Job

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 09:21 AM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rim Job

Brake dust can make a real "job" out of cleaning those "rims" !! LOL

Does anyone have a magic potion that they use?? I have tried them all. Recently I tried the latest creation "A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner" from Eagle One and I have to say I was really Impressed. http://www.eagleone.com/_products/0,1020626.asp
but I wanted to see what you guys recommend. Also I would like to buy the product in bulk...by the gallon or so and transfer it to my own spray bottle...thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old 09-24-2005, 09:41 AM
JGriff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using A2Z for years... great stuff. I also have tried many others, but have found this to be the best. A great bargain at only $5 at Wal-mart, too.

My next step is to try wheelwax (anyone try that yet... wheelwax.com?) or something like it, to try to minimize the build up so quickly. My local touch-free car wash does a nice job... except for cleaning the wheels. I think that if I use something like wheelwax, the wheels will come clean whenever I do a touch-free drive through wash.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:54 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

I use zymol wheel cleaner, the lip on my car is a PITA to clean especially after the brakedust staining it and it gets wet in a rain.

Zymol wheel cleaner -> Dry it -> Polish lip with mothers billet -> Zymol Wheel Coat -> Zymol Titanium Wax so next time you clean the wheels its easier to get rid of the dust, just spray with water it will do fine!
Old 09-24-2005, 02:33 PM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by DEETZ22
I use zymol wheel cleaner, the lip on my car is a PITA to clean especially after the brakedust staining it and it gets wet in a rain.

Zymol wheel cleaner -> Dry it -> Polish lip with mothers billet -> Zymol Wheel Coat -> Zymol Titanium Wax so next time you clean the wheels its easier to get rid of the dust, just spray with water it will do fine!
Thanks for the advice....I will give it a try!!...seriosly though is it really "just spray with water?"
Old 09-24-2005, 09:36 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

I know some of you guys will think I'm nuts, and maybe I am but the best wheel cleaner I've used is Kirkland Signature (Costco) cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle combined with a gallon refill container . It's green and can be used for your floors and counters too -- not just a wheel cleaner (doesn't even claim to be a wheel cleaner). I think it's about $7. Spray it on and hose off -- it cuts through all the road stuff and brake dust. BTW, I've tried many of the expensive cleaners such as Zymol, PS21, Eagle, etc., and I like Kirkland Signature the best.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you have "open" spokes (to get your hand into the wheel barrel - e.g., my 22" TechArts) use WheelWax to cut down on dust build-up. Then maintain with a Kozak Cloth and rubber gloves. It takes about 10 minutes for the 4 wheels. The Kozak can be used forever on wheels. --- For those who have never used a Kozak, try it out.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:32 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I put rejex on my wheels 4 times a year and do not have a sticking issue, generally a light brush over with water is all I need.

I like your Costco idea Phil, I may get some when I get back from the windy city.

Trending Topics

Old 09-26-2005, 12:46 PM
johnsamonas
Instructor

it has to be zymol for me.....thats all I use on all my cars,( and bike !)
Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 AM
TimC.
Racer

Originally Posted by philg3
I know some of you guys will think I'm nuts, and maybe I am but the best wheel cleaner I've used is Kirkland Signature (Costco) cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle combined with a gallon refill container . It's green and can be used for your floors and counters too -- not just a wheel cleaner (doesn't even claim to be a wheel cleaner). I think it's about $7. Spray it on and hose off -- it cuts through all the road stuff and brake dust. BTW, I've tried many of the expensive cleaners such as Zymol, PS21, Eagle, etc., and I like Kirkland Signature the best.
LOL...thats awesome....Kirkland rocks....I love Costco !!!! Perfect plan... I can polish them with Zymol and use the green stuff by the gallon to keep'em clean Thanks guys !!

Quick Reply: Rim Job