PRSE-Tequipment

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default PRSE-Tequipment

Anyone have the Porsche Rear Seat Entertainment System (PRSE). Just got Christophorous 315 and saw it on page 49. It say it is a retrofit. Intersted if anyone has personal experience and $$. Kid reviews would also be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:40 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default Cayenne in Christophorus with Rear Seat Entertainment

Anyone notice the vehicle pictured has a lot more interior color trim than other cayennes (at least mine).. the areas i am referring to are around the PCM where just buttons are black and in the instrument cluster.. again just gaugaes are black while everything else is in tan.. is this on newer cayennes? interesting look innit
Old 08-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Davidoconn
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty sure the color coded trim pieces are available through the custom tailoring or Porsche Exclusive option listing. The newest 2005 and 2006 still have black trim pieces standard, but you can get the matching color trim as an option.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Here is an e-mail from Sunset Imports in Oregon:
2542.00 plus shipping of about 10.00 and I show only one in stock in black color. Depending on what color availability may be better or worse. For what ever colored trim parts there must be a color code for this kit so I'll need your interior color if ordered. You know, if you pitch that car around enough while he watches scooby doo, you'll need airsickness bags in an easy to reach dispenser unit. That's our good guy deal that we gave you also, I think you got the rails last time on the same program. Thanks! Jeff.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone other than the dealer that can install this?

I just had someone do some european upgrades on my benz in an associate's garage. He's a MBZ tech and brought the Star Diagnosis mini-PC with him.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:53 AM
Mav
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can this be installed on MY04 Cayenne S?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:28 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by beemaze
Anyone other than the dealer that can install this?
Good luck with that.

One of the ways that Porsche is able to position the Cayenne as the value class leader is by building each vehicle with a VIN-specific wiring harness. Porsche saves costs by eliminating wire conductors, connectors and connector contacts that are not required for the vehicle, as built by the factory. Porsche then passes those savings directly to the consumer.

To add those options after delivery requires dissassembly of the interior. From personal experience, the Cayenne is MUCH more involved to disassemble than ANY other vehicle I've played with.

This is contrasted to Mercedes, which builds the vehicles with a wiring harness that permits the dealership to plug in new options as required.

Quick Reply: PRSE-Tequipment