Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 09:52 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Post Another new Cayenne TSB/recall/service action

Had the Cayenne in the shop yet again (I have seriously lost track at this point)....it's a good thing I really love my Porsche dealer.

While it was in, I was notified of a mandatory TSB/service action:

Replace, yet again, the rear window microswitch assembly!

When I told my service advisor that it's already been done (twice) and the rear glass has not acted up since the second time, he said they have to do it anyways. Hey, who am I to argue with PAG/PCNA?

The kicker: the replacement P/N is the same as the one they already installed and just took out.
I didn't ask anymore questions..........as I was happy they didn't notice that the A506 rear seat beltbuckle recall H/W had been removed from the Cayenne (and even after being in for a week, the belts still show where they were folded and put into the device)
Old 08-12-2005, 11:37 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Had mine in last week for the third time for new remote keys (they BOTH actually seem to finally work) and noticed they said something about the rear window fix needed to be done again, but they'd have to order the parts! Another trip to the dealer- glad my boys like to do that, but they're heading back to college soon so it will be up to me again. Can't wait to drive a loaner Grand Am...the local dealer also sells Pontiacs and it seems the loaner is never a Porsche... god, no wonder GM can't sell those things without BIG discounts!!
I also need to remove those damned belt buckles this weekend so the belt isn't permanently creased.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:30 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
When removing the A506 "belt buckles" I found it easier to just break the small black plastic clips on the top of the "device" by simply inserting a small flat bladed screwdriver and then twisting/pulling with a pair of needle nose pliers, breaking the plastic clip in 2 pieces and removing each piece one at a time....5 minute job. Given the folds in the belts, it was no surprise that the belts began to take on a permanent crease.

As for the loaner car, I feel fortunate, as normally I get either a Cayenne or Boxster....today I got a 2005 BMW 530i. I've had so many loaner cars, my kids stop asking Mom if Dad bought another new car.

My Cayenne doesn't have the PCM/Navigation option.....but it can find its way to the dealership all by itself...it's done the drive so many times.

Quick Reply: Another new Cayenne TSB/recall/service action