Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 03:36 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishman
Check out this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/182956-best-aftmarket-wheels.html

I'm not a Cayenne guy, but these Techart wheels make me want to become one
Fishman, thats ugly you don't want that oh wait thats my CS
Old 08-15-2005, 07:24 AM
LegoDoom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24FPS
sweet ride...convinced me... i've gotta' change my frnt turn signals to smoke grey ones.

btw: don't have too much of a prob cleaning... i spray 'em w/ cleaner, then i use one of those brush wands inside (behind the spokes) & mitt w/ soap. a lot of times i do my wheels twice a week b/c of break dust. those techarts look too easy to clean
I suggest the aluminum pedals as well, they make a big difference (as does the skid plate). I've just been busy lately and haven't had the time to keep them spotless this summer. If I didn't like the look of the BBS wheels so much, I'd get the techarts because they're so much easier to keep clean.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:39 AM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Kevin M.
Fishman, thats ugly you don't want that oh wait thats my CS
lol. Hey Kevin. I love those wheels, you have excellent taste. The worst thing about a Cayenne, in my humble non-Cayenne connoisseur opinion is that the factory wheels are kind of ugly. (By the way, if that's your wife in the picture, you have great taste in women too, she's really pretty)

By the way, that pic looks like it was taken in the showroom. Did you buy your Cayenne with those wheels installed?

Last edited by The_Phantom; 08-15-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Fishman
lol. Hey Kevin. I love those wheels, you have excellent taste. The worst thing about a Cayenne, in my humble non-Cayenne connoisseur opinion is that the factory wheels are kind of ugly. (By the way, if that's your wife in the picture, you have great taste in women too, she's really pretty)

By the way, that pic looks like it was taken in the showroom. Did you buy your Cayenne with those wheels installed?
Thank you!! That is my future wife, well in 55 days she will be wifey
The pic was taken in the showroom, I had all of my add on given to the dealer prior to the car arriving, they took before pics for me, but I didn't want to see it with all the stock stuff. So they added the rims, TT exhaust tips & bumper, silver hood crest, clear markers, K&N air filters, V1, and some other misc. items for me.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:54 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looks good, just don't hit any pot holes...
Old 08-16-2005, 03:01 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Amen on the potholes. Just dropped my dinged 22" TechArts for new powder coat to match alum trim. Also had the NT center caps repainted to match. . Sounds good in theory, but ???

Kevin, congrats on the nuptials.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:18 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
These look just right, but I don't know the brand. How many miles have you done? Any off-road at speed or city driving with cavernous pot-holes? Have you had them checked as round and true? I'm trying to find a wheel strong enough for the abuse of an SUV.
Heya Adam... sooo much has happened eh? Well we should catch up sometime but to let you know of all the wheels we've but on cayennes I doubt that any of the three piece ones would be strong enough. Those tech art 20s would be...
Old 08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Looks good, just don't hit any pot holes...
A yea!! 4 bent rims later you tell me
Old 08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Raptor
Amen on the potholes. Just dropped my dinged 22" TechArts for new powder coat to match alum trim. Also had the NT center caps repainted to match. . Sounds good in theory, but ???

Kevin, congrats on the nuptials.
Thanks Raptor!! did you bend yours too? I hit a serious dip in the road and bent all 4!! Once cracked while trying to fix it, but I had a spare so that is on. Suprisingly enough they are all smooth no vibration at all!! I was impressed!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:17 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I didn't know they could fix them! Coolz!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea I was amazed as well, apparently this $300k machine can do anything, even make a 2 piece wheel from your own design
Old 08-16-2005, 09:41 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Techarts! but dont get them they are ugly (esp. if u live near me)
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kevin: They weren't bent, but needed repair on the lips. I was going to send them to CEC in LA, but took them to Pacific Rims in Pittsburgh. Problem was Pacific Rim can only machine up to 20" but did repair the badly damaged one.

I have read many of the posts about vibration and tire wear, but haven't experienced any. The 22" ride is fine, I have 15M miles and the tires are still good, and alignment is ok with no vibration. I recall that you had a post last year (or so) that your Michelins were good. I concur. I figure the added risk of wheel damage on the 22s is worth the trade-off. The TechArts really do make the car look and handle better (IMHO).

For anyone contemplating a mod, Kevin M. is the gold standard!
Old 08-24-2005, 04:33 AM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Raptor
Kevin: They weren't bent, but needed repair on the lips. I was going to send them to CEC in LA, but took them to Pacific Rims in Pittsburgh. Problem was Pacific Rim can only machine up to 20" but did repair the badly damaged one.

I have read many of the posts about vibration and tire wear, but haven't experienced any. The 22" ride is fine, I have 15M miles and the tires are still good, and alignment is ok with no vibration. I recall that you had a post last year (or so) that your Michelins were good. I concur. I figure the added risk of wheel damage on the 22s is worth the trade-off. The TechArts really do make the car look and handle better (IMHO).

For anyone contemplating a mod, Kevin M. is the gold standard!

Thanks for the kinds words My Michelins are still doing good with 19K miles on them, I'd say they have at least 8K more to go. If you do bend a rim, Eagle Dynamics here in Fresno did a great job on mine.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
BarryC
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 43 Posts

Wheelenhancement.com has 18" BBS RS-GTs for $2800 (about $400 cheaper than Tirerack). RS-GT has the weave and polished lip. Two piece forged and around 20lbs per wheel or 12lbs lighter than the Turbo wheel. Check them out.... BC

Quick Reply: Wheels for the Cayenne?