Sponsored by:

Selling Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 10:31 PM
DTampa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Michael,

I have the Cay listed on Autotrader. Do a search for Cayennes withing 25 miles of area code 33629. Mine is listed for $56,999 and is titanium metallic. Fully loaded with just about everything inc air suspension and nav system. Email me if you'd like more info.

FWIW, the 993 I'm getting is a 97 C2 in Zenith Blue w/ Grey leather. Can't wait though I'll miss the Cay.

Cheers,
Doug
Old 07-31-2005, 02:02 AM
gjb
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dtampa,

Consider, then reconsider. Imho, figure out a way to hang onto the Cay & the 993. This equals the best 2 & 4 seat Pcars out there. And amazing values based on the $125k 4 seat sedan lurking out there in the future.

My 6 & 993tt plays your S & S hand!

Hold your cards!

G-
Old 07-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug,

I'm really interested in your Cayenne... I called the number listed on the Autotrader ad and left a message. Give me a call when you get the chance...
Old 08-08-2005, 02:43 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone wanting Tim Allen ("more power") in a 993 has several options. A lightweight flywheel, shorter and closer gear ratios along with coil-over suspension form the basis for setting up any 993 to give any 996 or 997 a run for its money (GT3 not so much ... ) Some careful weight-loss (hood, seats, audio) and wheel/tire upgrades can also wake up the 993. Or just guy a 993 Turbo, tweak it to 500hp and convert it to 2WD ... so say we all ... : )

DTampa, I think you'll enjoy the 993 and Zenith Blue will stand out in any crowd. Given the choice (and logistics) to move from a Cayenne to a 993, that's a no-brainer. But off-load the M3 -- the Cayenne S is a better sports sedan than the 3 Series !
Old 08-08-2005, 12:26 PM
DTampa
Advanced

Congratulations to Michael S. as the proud new owner of my former Cay S. Mike picked up the car Friday and we had a good time talking cars as he also owns a 993. This exchange certainly demonstrated the value of the Rennlist community.

Carrera GT, you've identified some of the items in my 993 plans. Suspension, brakes and transmission/clutch are in the near future. The M3 is completely track prepped so I'm going to run that for a bit longer before going off the deep end on the 993. At some point however, i'll probably do the entire n/a engine conversion on the 993 and go to 3.8 with new everything to make serious power. That's many months down the road and only after lots of track time with the close to stock setup. Of course the new GT3 could be out by then so it may never happen.

I'm off to the 993 forum and wish Michael S. the best with his new baby!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DTampa
I'll probably do the entire n/a engine conversion on the 993 and go to 3.8 with new everything to make serious power.
The 3.8 conversion includes Euro-spec parts, so keep in mind there will be (minor) tweaks to keep the emissions compliance to pass SMOG. I imagine the slippery slope will be quite a ride for you -- getting serious power out of the 993 NA engine is not for the feint of wallet. : ) Of course, the results are worth the effort for the lucky few.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Michael S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Doug... I love the Cayenne! A 6000 pound vehicle isn't supposed to run and handle like this!

I promsie I'll post pictures just as soon as I can... I know it's not a new Cayenne, but it's new to me!

Guess I need to modify my signature now!
Old 08-08-2005, 03:54 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

Michael - I don't think you have to apologize for it not being new! I am thinking of the Cayenne also, but ONLY if it is pre-owned. The depreciation curve is too steep to go in new, in fact, of all the Porsches I have had, none have been new for that very reason.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,070 Likes on 572 Posts

Originally Posted by DTampa
After 10 months, I'm selling the Cay S and getting a 993. The Cay is great and I've had no problems with it other than a few that the dealer handled. For instance, just last week the dealer fixed the infamous vibration problem although I didn't know I had that issue. Apparently, the factory has some new information on fixing the vibration b/c the dealer had to order some special new tools and was able to fix it.

Some maybe interested in my comparison of the car with and without Fabspeed bypass pipes. I just had them unistalled to prep the car for sale. The pipes are a definate improvement to the sound and my impression is that they provide a slightly noticeable improvement in acceleration. The Cay feels a bit boring without them. If anyone is on the fence, don't hesitate. Also, my unistalled pipes are available at a good price to whomever pm's me.

993 stirs the sould so much that I couldn't resist. Someday I'll probably buy another Cay when I need an SUV b/c it's clearly the best on the road.

Cheers!
Good luck with your search. I have had 4 years and 28,000 miles of trouble free driving with mine. It will eat rear tires, so beware!

I find the 993 a comfortable balance between the raw early 911S and the new 996-997 series. The 996 is like Porsche's version of Levi's Relaxed Jeans, but the 997 is supposed to close the gap a little. I haven't driven the 997. I have sat in one and was not as impressed with the character of the car as I had hoped. The 993 has more of the primal animal soul to it.

If you were to suddenly wake up sitting in a 911, the 993 would be instantly recognizable as a 911 to just about anyone over 4 years old. The interior is directly rooted to its past.

Waking up in a 996 or 997 would, for the uninitiated, require a check inside the glove box for the owner's manual to be sure.

Quick Reply: Selling Cayenne