Sponsored by:

how those seats feel?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:38 PM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how those seats feel?

hey, i am recently switching from an M3 to a v6 cayenne. I was wondering how you guys would describe/rate the comfort of the seats in the car as well as the headrest. I know that in the M the headrest was very VERY stiff and did not feel too good against my head...and the seats were so so. I did test drive the car but i cant really remember how the seats felt....anyone got some opinions?
Old 07-14-2005, 05:33 PM
EPV
Intermediate

On my Cayenne S (I think the same seats) the seats are good for the old back, supportive, not too soft but not too hard, and the headrests are pretty soft .....and in general all-in-all pretty good seats.
EXCEPT they are quite narrow......2" narrower than in my Carrera, and the seat bolsters can be uncomfortable if you overfill the seat which can be easy for we who are somewhat overweight. Thus not too good for me on a long trip.
I advise sitting in a vehicle at the dealer's if this applies to you and you are not "a fool for Cayenne" as I am! Ah, what we put up with for love.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:43 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seats are great - not as kidney-punching as the M3 (I have one in the garage), but very generally very supportive and comfortable for even the longest journeys, with the great Porsche 'squishy-lumbar support' (copywrite pending). As for the headrest - its typical Porsche vertical - you'll never come in contact with the headrest unless you're tilting your head back or in an accident (god forbid).
Old 07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
johnsamonas
Instructor

yeah...i dont like the fact the headrest doesnt tilt forward like on most other cars.I have regular seats,with soft ruffled leather,and they feel very comfortable.....i could easily sleep in them !!
Old 07-15-2005, 04:07 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

big love big love big love. -that expalin it?

sooo much more comfortable than other suv's & car's i've driven & ridden in. btw: just did a 1.5k mile trip & all were .

Quick Reply: how those seats feel?