Sponsored by:

Cayenne TT....... NEED ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:29 PM
kinkade
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne TT....... NEED ADVICE

I'm considering ourchasing a 2006 Cayenne TT. However I'm concerned about the problems that have been posted, mostly the front end vibrations. Has this issue been resolved by PCNA? I'm planning on ordering 20" wheels.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:15 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
With respect to front end vibrations (see the 3 page active thread on this topic: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/208143-steering-wheel-vibes.html
I just checked the latest TSB's (104 to date) over on renntech.org.

There is nothing new related to this issue, but I would check with your ordering dealer. Perhaps PAG is treating this as a 'tire related' issue and not vehicle related.

Best of luck with your vehicle purchase plans.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:20 PM
356driver
Racer

The vibration issues have been reported often but many of us do not have this problem. Most of those with the problem have traced it tire balance, although there are still a few who believe it is a deeper problem. If you agree that it is the tires, which seems to be the majority consensus, then the problem can be contained through the insistence on properly balanced tires using a Roadforce machine. Be sure to test drive your newly delivered car up to high speeds to make sure you don't have this problem to begin with.

I have a 2004 Cayenne TT with 20" wheels. There are a great many people like me who have never experienced the vibration problem.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:27 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Easy to tell

It's pretty easy to tell if the vehicle has the problem or not. Just drive it on the freeway. For most people it seems to come and go at specific freeway speeds. Mine had this problem at about 67-68 MPH. The Road Force thing did the trick to solve the problem but it took three tries and two new tires. The dealer said the tires were defective and replaced them under warrenty.

Alex

Quick Reply: Cayenne TT....... NEED ADVICE