Sponsored by:

Jeep faster than Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 12:36 AM
thomas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
My grandfather used to have one, what a monster. It was bigger than a Hummer H1 used more gas and made you feel like you were driving on a pillow. A true classic. Probably the best Caddy of the time.

Now seriously. Putting Marquees aside. Has anyone driven these new Mopar creations. I took out a Magnum Hemi for giggles and was appalled at what the claim to be great handling and performance. It's still a POS Dodge, I have owned many and you can't tell me that putting all this HP in these things makes them better. Yes the Brembo brakes are big and the engine is powerful, looks aren't so bad either on the Charger and others but the build quality is 3-4 out of 10. They are great for the first 2 months 4k miles at best. The mechanics will still take a bad issue and make it worse, if not down right dangerous as they have done to mine several times. This new bread of cars from Chrysler/Dodge is nothing more than a re-issue of the muscle cars of yesterday. Not as fast as they claim to be, can't handle at all and are poorly built. High HP numbers and factory tested numbers are just that. Lets see the proof and if they can do what they claim lets prey that the average shmo that buys it doesn't kill someone with it.
The new Chrysler 300 isn't a re-issue of a muscle car of yesterday. It uses a lot of parts from the previous Mercedes-Benz E class. The base 300 starts in the low 20s.

The Dodge Magnum SRT8 has better handling than the Magnum RT. It has forged aluminum wheels.

Here is a Magnum RT.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:11 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,120 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Yes it was the SRT8 Magnum I test drove. Was not impressed even though the price is relatively low. Then again my mother has a 2004 E500. Not fond of it either.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:32 PM
thomas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Magnum SRT8 isn't a pos.

How do you know it is only good for two months/4,000 miles?
Old 07-16-2005, 08:45 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats enough this thread is getting absurd. Chrylser make vehicles for very specific target markets and people.

Comparisons on the forum is a waste of space once the fun has gone.

The End

Quick Reply: Jeep faster than Turbo?