Sponsored by:

how to conceal v1 wire

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 PM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question how to conceal v1 wire

Hey i am new to the board and i have a quick question. If i did not want to hardwire the v1, is there a way to run the wire through a vent or something so that it does not hang off my dash and down to the outlets under the passsenger dash? and pictures or advice is greatly appreciated! thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Just hardwire it. One simple wire going across the headliner and down the door pillar to the fusebox. One wire into the fuse box (forgot the number) and one wire tucked under a bolt.) 15 minutes max, even if you have no clue about this stuff.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:47 PM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

ok thanks for that reply, however i DO NOT want to hardwire it bc it is a leased car and i dont want to mess around with it. Any other thoughts?
Old 06-13-2005, 05:32 PM
eugkim
Rennlist Member

You can "hardwire it" by jumping off a fuse using the blade on the positive lead on the remote power kit. This doesn't involve any cutting or splicing, and leads to a much cleaner installation. I'd prefer to tap off the fuse and run the wire along the a-pillar and headliner versus monkeying around with the vents. Then you just remove the wire when you turn in the car, no scars left behind.

In a worst case scenario, I suppose you could power the V1 with the cigarette lighter plug, run the wire up the passenger side a-pillar to the headliner and mount it there. Unfortunately, this isn't a switched installation, so you have to remember to turn the V1 on and off. If you leave on vacation with the plug in, you may find a dead battery waiting for you.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by newyorkjs3
ok thanks for that reply, however i DO NOT want to hardwire it bc it is a leased car and i dont want to mess around with it. Any other thoughts?
I think what we are trying to say is that there is no better, or easier, way to do it.

In this case, Hardwire is is not really hardwiring (cutting and splicing).

Good luck.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:14 PM
newyorkjs3
AutoX

ok well it seems like hardwiring it is the popular choice. I have done a search and do not find the threads detailed enough to be able to install this myself...can anyone be of some help to me and post a better step by step DIY procedure with pics?! it would be amazing if someone could.

Quick Reply: how to conceal v1 wire