Rear View mirror replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:24 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View mirror replacement

Hello guys,

I have the standard crappy rear view mirror, and I would like to upgrade to the one that has the dimming feature and illuminated orange light (little light beam comes from the bottom of the mirror) it’s an original mirror and comes standard with the Comfort pkg.

Any ideas, where can I find it, I asked the dealer and he said they never get to order it as single piece, it only comes as a package from the factory. So if you know about any web-site or place that sell it, I would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks
Old 06-13-2005, 03:25 AM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From my experience (not mirror related), if you car wasnt wired for it - you cant get it. Good luck
Old 06-14-2005, 04:30 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oooooo, that is sad to hear. But thanks a lot Byside for your input. I did massive Internet research to find this mirror but no luck. I guess I should just give up, although what I really love is the orange light that glow through the whole console, its is very nice.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:15 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I would contact Gert at www.carnewal.com
He might be able to locate it for you.

The 'orange lighting' you want would be simple to do, just connect the mirror to a switched 12V source, which IIRC is available in the overhead console.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:51 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the same standard mirror on my 04CT with no homelink either. I found a mirror made by Gentex that has the auto dimming LCD -- I think similar to the optional Comfort Package one, but in addition, you can get this mirror complete with homelink. I think the whole thing was about $300. Now, the only problem is that it appears that Porsche uses a proprietary mounting scheme for the mirror, so I doubt that you can use anything other than what was designed for this vehicle.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the one they sell that has the built in valentine 1 display fits right in, then again it's $700

Quick Reply: Rear View mirror replacement