Sponsored by:

license plate screws

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 06:34 PM
jase700
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default license plate screws

some jackass must have backed into my license plate on the front of my car and pulled the damn plate cover off.

regardless, what size screw do I need to reattach the license plate to the holder on the front?

thanks,

Jason
Old 06-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

He may have done you a favor. The Cayenne looks better without the front plate. Get some bumper plugs and go without the plate. You shouldn't get pulled over for missing a front plate, but could be added onto a ticket for other infractions.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:49 PM
beemaze
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Blade-MD
He may have done you a favor. The Cayenne looks better without the front plate. Get some bumper plugs and go without the plate. You shouldn't get pulled over for missing a front plate, but could be added onto a ticket for other infractions.
Most cars look great without the front plate, but it's an infraction in Kalifornia not to have one. And yes, my poor wife (with the two kids in the back seat)was pulled over for no front plate by the CHiPs and while he was at it he gave a fix-it for the front window tint too! Meanwhile, people in So. Cal freeways are being shot at on a daily basis. Our tax dollars at work
Old 06-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Hmmm. Sounds like that CHiPster needs to have a colonoscopy as his head is in way too deep. Anyone who wastes time and energy specifically on such a ridiculous infraction has some serious issues.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:24 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Palo Alto, CA also targets vehicles w/o front plates -- particularly parked cars. If I drive there, I take the E500 because it now has the front plate courtesy of a fix-it ticket, again courtesy of the fine civil servants in Palo Alto.

If for some reason you want to mount the front plate on your 'C', my dealer advised me that they would be happy to do it FOC, and cautioned me about doing it myself as apparently there is stuff behind the bumper that you do not want to pierce.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
jase700
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, so what size are the screws?
Old 06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by philg3
Palo Alto, CA also targets vehicles w/o front plates -- particularly parked cars. If I drive there, I take the E500 because it now has the front plate courtesy of a fix-it ticket, again courtesy of the fine civil servants in Palo Alto.

Thanks for supporting my daughters' schools !!

Old 06-10-2005, 02:57 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

santa monica targets no plate on parked cars too.... think it was $50 fine or $25 "fix it"

most of cali lets people slide w/one... think officers prefer it, as it's a sort of free "probable cause" whenever they want to thing.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:22 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jase,

The screws sizes differ based on the hole that was made in the bumper for you, since the car comes with no hole in the front.

Your best bet is go somewhere like AutoZone and ask the guy who works there to assist you.

Good luck

Quick Reply: license plate screws