Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA off-road tour program

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005 | 12:21 PM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Default PCA off-road tour program

I have not seen this mentioned here, and I know it is well into planning stages for this summer. I think there are three events being planned right now, one on the east coast, New York if I am not mistaken, one in the Tenessee Valley and one in Colorado.

These look to be weekend long events with what I expect to be mild off-roading and possibly some road touring mixed in. I believe the thinking at this time is to be inclusive of PCA members not owning a Cayenne but having some other street legal SUV type vehicle to be able to participate as well.

I just thought I would throw this out for comment. This is likely the largest gathering of Cayenne enthusiasts online. What do you guys think?
Old 03-28-2005 | 01:53 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Sign Me Up!

Can we get more details? Sounds like good fun!

Alex
Old 03-28-2005 | 04:37 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

I would show in Tennessee if it happens
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:45 PM
Brent 89-GT
Burning Brakes

Kurt Gibson, national PCA VP, is pretty serious about making it happen. The insurance coverage has already been arranged and the mentioned venues are in the works.

At this point it sounds like this will be inclusive of all PCA members even if they choose to drive another SUV type vehicle. The venues differ somewhat so details are hard to give. Obviously wheeling in Tennessee differs from Colorado (mud vs rocks). We are talking about weekend type events with a day or two of mild trails, possibly a nice road tour, a banquet one night and the sights and sounds that come with each venue.

There are some guidlines to be drawn up because this is a new type of event. After that I think the planning gets serious! I am not sure on the other dates but Colorado would likely be the last weekend in August in the Ouray CO area.

I'll keep you guys informed as it happens.
Old 03-28-2005 | 10:58 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

This is cool. I was hoping the PCA DE program would extend to Cayennes off road.
Old 03-29-2005 | 12:18 AM
GM Austin
Pro

It's about 1500 miles to the Ouray area from Austin but I think I would drive to Colorado for that.

Quick Reply: PCA off-road tour program