Sponsored by:

Panorama Roof Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 02:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Panorama Roof Issues

FYI I am hearing about water leak issues on the panorama roof, anyone else heard this ?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:24 PM
scottsa
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been waiting to order a panarama roof for months and my dealer just told me that Porsche has pulled the option due to problems.... so I had to proceed to order a C with a conventional sunroof based on an April build date. The X5 and X3 both have panarama roof options available. I am disappoointed but I cannot wait any longer... perhaps I will order a CS when the P roof and manual transmission becomes available.

Last edited by scottsa; 02-28-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:08 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scottsa
I have been waiting to order a panarama roof for months and my dealer just told me that Porsche has pulled the option due to problems.... so I had to proceed to order a conventional sunroof based on an April build date. The X5 and X3 both have panarama roof opions available.
Is this confirmed?? Ive been waiting many months for a panoroof. My car is an April build. This sucks, if true...
Old 02-27-2005, 05:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If this is true, then there is a local owner of a few $150K Cayenne Turbo who is not going to be a happy camper.

TestnDoc,
It should be very simple for your dealer to find out the build status based on option codes; it is updated daily at the factory.

Didn't we have a similar issue with the parking heater? It was pulled for at least 6 months until the DOT/EPA paperwork was sorted out. People with the option were given a choice as to build without it or wait for it to become available. Of course, there were those unlucky few whose vehicles were impounded at port for months...dont' know what they did.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

I will check with dealer in AM. No panoroof means no Pepper for me.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:11 PM
ashy001
Intermediate

I am waiting for my Turbo with Panoramic ( arriving in March ). When I ordered the car, I wanted a custom build with panoramic but was told by the dealer that Porsche just stopped making Panoramic for the year. So I settled for a Turbo with Panoramic the dealer has ordered already.

The dealer claims that the reason porsche stopped production is due to supply problems, not any mechanical/other problems. Apparently Porsche did not anticipate the amount of demand for the Panoramic.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ashy001
I am waiting for my Turbo with Panoramic ( arriving in March ). When I ordered the car, I wanted a custom build with panoramic but was told by the dealer that Porsche just stopped making Panoramic for the year. So I settled for a Turbo with Panoramic the dealer has ordered already.

The dealer claims that the reason porsche stopped production is due to supply problems, not any mechanical/other problems. Apparently Porsche did not anticipate the amount of demand for the Panoramic.
ashy1,

Do you know when production with panoroof will resume?? This is very dissapointing. Thanks
Old 02-27-2005, 07:20 PM
ashy001
Intermediate

The dealer wasn't sure, but told me that Porsche usually waits until the following year when such things happen. So my guess would be '06 models.

However, why not do what I did ? I searched on the porsche dealer websites until i found one in the current inventory with Panoramic and most of the other options i wanted
Old 02-27-2005, 07:49 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ashy001
The dealer wasn't sure, but told me that Porsche usually waits until the following year when such things happen. So my guess would be '06 models.

However, why not do what I did ? I searched on the porsche dealer websites until i found one in the current inventory with Panoramic and most of the other options i wanted
Thanks for the info. My pepper has alot of extras on it, and there is no way I will find one just like it. Oh well...
Old 02-27-2005, 08:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Sounds a lot like the allocation issues with the PASM; they stopped acccepting orders until the supplier ramped up production to satisfy both PAG and VW.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:38 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Sounds a lot like the allocation issues with the PASM; they stopped acccepting orders until the supplier ramped up production to satisfy both PAG and VW.
Lewis,

I havent heard anything about PASM. Can you expound?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:59 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry, this was back in early '04.
PAG underestimated the % of Cayenne S vehicles which would be ordered with PASM. Their supplier was given a production number which turned out to be too low and it took some time to ramp up production. During that time, PASM was not allowed on vehicle configurations. It eventually passed, about 6 months later.

If this is the same situation on the Panorama roof, I wouldn't think it would take more than 3-6 months forthe supplier to tool up, as I don't believe this is being shared with anyone else.
If it takes longer than that, than I would guess there is a design issue (leak or something else) which requires a tooling change, hence a longer time for the option to come back.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:54 AM
pedrolo
Intermediate

Well, I hope that this be only a production problem and not a water filtrations problem .... I ordered my cayenne with the panoramic roof on late november and it arrived just a week ago, it's in the dealer right now... I'll go for it tomorrow I will ask the guy what's going on with the pan roof.... hope not to be a bad thing....
Old 02-28-2005, 03:00 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I just found this on another board

"I just purchased an 05 Turbo - and although the car is a great car - the reliability has been an issue for me already as well. I have the panorama roof - which hasn't stopped leaking"
Old 02-28-2005, 05:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Mudman2,
It's a good thing you found that on another board, because as we all know, there are NO Cayenne complaints allowed/posted here

Quick Reply: Panorama Roof Issues