Old 01-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb Another DME Upgrade

Our Cayenne S went in the shop today for the yearly maintenance and to complete some open TSB's.
The headlights got a new seal, the switch from the trunk was replaced and there was another DME upgrade.

Some will remember that our car was in the shop directly after the release of the first DME upgrade, now they already have released another DME remapping.

After some testing, the car seems goes to "D1" much faster than before but that can be the result of the reset but the truck definitely reacts faster to the input of the throttle.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:58 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Gert good info as usual.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:10 AM
reubstarr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DME UPGRADE

Gert,
I was wondering when you say dme upgrade whether they change the DME or upgrade the software. Also what is was happening with your transmission as I am curious to see whether it is the same concern as a friends Cayenne where it doesn't select 1st gear in drive contributing to lag.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:15 PM
thecleaner
Instructor

Gert,
I have had some TSB's done and my CS will start in D1 when it is first run at crank, but after braking and hitting the dreaded stoplight it will only drop to D2 which has lot of throttle lag. When I drop to M1 hang on and smile, is that what you were experiencing before the last service
Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Gert, I just heard that the PWIS Update Version 6.0 Software has crashed all US PIWIS Testers. They told me the problem was in the reflash of the DME / Trans Controller. They are working on it :-)
Old 01-20-2005, 04:25 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by reubstarr
Gert,
I was wondering when you say dme upgrade whether they change the DME or upgrade the software. Also what is was happening with your transmission as I am curious to see whether it is the same concern as a friends Cayenne where it doesn't select 1st gear in drive contributing to lag.
The new program is uploaded and replaces the original softerware of the DME.
They use the Piwis to upload the software.

I drove the car today in all kinds of traffic and it still switches to D1 when accelerating after a full stop. So far so good.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by thecleaner
Gert,
I have had some TSB's done and my CS will start in D1 when it is first run at crank, but after braking and hitting the dreaded stoplight it will only drop to D2 which has lot of throttle lag. When I drop to M1 hang on and smile, is that what you were experiencing before the last service
That's the same I experienced before the second DME update.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:31 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

So Gert,

I thought PSM prevents switching to D1 , so the new DME upgrade changed this? Let me know i'll make an appt right now
Old 01-20-2005, 04:40 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mudman2
Gert, I just heard that the PWIS Update Version 6.0 Software has crashed all US PIWIS Testers. They told me the problem was in the reflash of the DME / Trans Controller. They are working on it :-)
As said recently in a thread on Renntech , the Piwis is still full of bugs.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by alex911s
So Gert,

I thought PSM prevents switching to D1 , so the new DME upgrade changed this? Let me know i'll make an appt right now
Alex, keep in mind that I'm in Belgium so it might be possible that there is a different or later planned DME upgrade for the US.
At this stage, more than 24 hrs after the update, when I hit the accelerator pedal to a position just before the kick-down, the tranny switches to D1.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:04 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Gert: it starts at D1 even when you do not turn the PSM off? WOW I really need to get mine remapped again!

For the switch for the trunk, what does it do?
Old 01-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hi Deetz !
Nope, it switches to D1 with the PSM on.

I forgot to ask what switch they changed, I was too much focussed on trying out the new mapping.
I believe it is the opening switch from the rear glass, the one that sometimes fails because of water or humidity.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:14 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I would hold on a short while until late next week, PCNA have all PIWIS on sort of hold right now, it may be this update causing the problem. Mine goes in for tires next Wednesday if its ready they promised to do it. My dealer = Good.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Gert: thanks for the information! I just talked to my good friend here in Boston, he is working in the dealership as a manager. He told me that he has not heard anything about this. My car was the first one they worked on the first DME Mapping. I told him about this issue and he will keep me updated. I hope this thing goes to USA I am a little afraid though because the car is alot more aggresive in D1 than D2 and it does not feel very comfortable.

For the switch problem, I think I am going to do the same on my car because few days ago at 5F, it started to pop out a couple times after I started the engine.

I will get it done next week after the big snow storm! Will keep you all updated
Old 01-22-2005, 11:33 PM
ozr
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by Gert
Our Cayenne S went in the shop today for the yearly maintenance and to complete some open TSB's.
The headlights got a new seal, the switch from the trunk was replaced and there was another DME upgrade.

Some will remember that our car was in the shop directly after the release of the first DME upgrade, ...
...are you sure you are NOT mixing this update with the SAME performed in the US starting October 2004 for SAME exact issues?..(recalls w420-replace rear tip switch, w424-headlights vents install , w516-DME update)...

...are you sure, it's ANOTHER/NEXT/january 2005 update?..

...actually I have some remote observations about october recalls listed above...

Took NYC-Canada 1500km ski trip...car was in a -25 C demanding driving mode...
...observed some interesting car limits and errors...

...rear tip after recall w420 still starts "popUp dance"...so recall does NOT completely RESOLVE situation... this ONLY happens in freezing RAIN and -20 C or 3-10 F temps...

Quick Reply: Another DME Upgrade