Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 02:44 PM
gaurang
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default Windshield Wipers

Are Cayenne wipers available aftermarket, at a Pep Boys or anything? My Dealers said they are not and cost $100. OUTRAGEUOUS!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think they are available anywhere else. My dealer quoted me $70 but I'm sure Sunset Porsche in Oregon will be around $35-$40 (give ot take). Just tell them you saw their Ad in Excellence magazine. Their prices are the best IMO (no affiliation)......
Old 01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
BenLee
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wipers are rubbing and it's driving me crazy. Called the dealer and was told the wipers for the Cayenne are warrantied for only 3 months. Ridiculous! New wipers (incl. blades?) are $79 at Stevens Creek Porsche/Audi.

Maybe the wiper arms are pressing too hard? Anyone have experience with this?
Old 01-11-2005, 04:36 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Same Here

I'm having a similar problem. I tried Rain-X to no result.

I've heard a rumor that there is a wiper recall out there. I'm going to take a run at the dealer.

Alex
Old 01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
davidbrondstetter
Advanced

mine is at the shop right now. Dealer said 3000 warranty. Said he would try to cover it. My CS has 3900 miles on it. Second time in the shop for multiple concerns including the rear glass opening whenever it damn well feels like it.

I'm 39 yo. This is my first Porsche and I bought it new. Gee, do you think I might be in the demographics for a second one?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Sammamish
Advanced

Recall for the rear wiper yes, but not for front.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:24 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Second time in the shop for multiple concerns including the rear glass opening whenever it damn well feels like it.
I had the rear glass micro switched replaced, thats causes the rear window to open (or not close). No problem since.

As far as the wiper blades rubbing, I have heard that cleaning the blades with vinegar or polishing your windshield should help. I tried rain-x in the past, though it works incredibly well for shedding water it ate up my blades an left black marks on the window.

If I had the problem I would give it a shot and post my results
Old 01-11-2005, 05:53 PM
rbaron
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wipers

A search would have produced:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=wiper

--Bob
Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

My wipers worked fine until I got back from Tahoe with all the salt, dirt, and misc compounds that Caltrans sprays on the roads. I used Rainx on the windshield and the wipers and problem is gone for now, although I wonder if Rainx will eventually ruin the wiper as I'm not sure it's made for that purpose. When I wiped the wiper with the Rainx all kinds of gunk came off. Check out the link Bob left above, and that 300 compound from Ace looks like it's worth a try.

While I'm at it here, I did my annual Zaino routine last week and would recommend going over the entire car lightly with clay as I noticed some roughness particularly lower door panels and liftgate. I couldn't see anything, but I could feel it.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Don't think the RainX will hurt the wipers- recommended treatment by manufacturer of blades to keep from squeeking.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:53 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayenne Austin
Don't think the RainX will hurt the wipers- recommended treatment by manufacturer of blades to keep from squeeking.
Thanks Gary,

RainX is great product, and with it, wipers are optional much of the time. I thought about treating the wipers with a Zymol rubber treatment that's on my shelf, but I thought it might smear. This product is for rubber gaskets on the door and such. BTW, after the the RainX treatment everything worked as smooth as can be until I drove back up to Tahoe where it was in the 20's. Once you hit freezing, nothing much is likely to help.

Phil
Old 01-11-2005, 09:33 PM
BenLee
Instructor

Originally Posted by davidbrondstetter
mine is at the shop right now. Dealer said 3000 warranty. Said he would try to cover it. My CS has 3900 miles on it. Second time in the shop for multiple concerns including the rear glass opening whenever it damn well feels like it.

I'm 39 yo. This is my first Porsche and I bought it new. Gee, do you think I might be in the demographics for a second one?
Sorry to hear about your problems. Don't give up on Porsche! They make awesome cars. We've had a 996 for 4 1/2 years now. No problems. More reliable than my wife's previous 325i (E36). And I drive it pretty hard whenever I have the opportunity. Porsche just has to get through these problems with the new model.

But the wiper issue is completely unacceptable. Owners should not need to use Rain X, 303, or whatever there is to get around a design/defect issue. The wipers on my S2000 are flawless and VERY quiet (quiet, unlike the rest of the car).
Old 01-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Cayenne Austin
Instructor

Would be scared to put the Zymol stuff on them <g> probably smear the windshield all to .....

Would be a great test, tho, if you are replacing anyway....
Old 01-12-2005, 12:44 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-13-2005, 03:13 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by BaysideC4
I don't think they are available anywhere else. My dealer quoted me $70 but I'm sure Sunset Porsche in Oregon will be around $35-$40 (give ot take). Just tell them you saw their Ad in Excellence magazine. Their prices are the best IMO (no affiliation)......
http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com...=Wiper%20Blade

Quick Reply: Windshield Wipers