Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield wipers that sound like two angry elephants...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004 | 04:55 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

I use silicone spray, just spray a small amount on the wiper and let dry for a while, very good for window tracks also, will keep them slide easely for a long time.
Old 11-18-2004 | 08:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NYC Cayenne
I use silicone spray, just spray a small amount on the wiper and let dry for a while, very good for window tracks also, will keep them slide easely for a long time.
Careful with silicone on rubber seals. It will break them down after a while. In general, I find any silicone type products to be bad for cars. Use a rubber conditioner/protectant like formula 303. Just a fyi...
Old 11-20-2004 | 01:03 AM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockitman
Careful with silicone on rubber seals. It will break them down after a while. In general, I find any silicone type products to be bad for cars. Use a rubber conditioner/protectant like formula 303. Just a fyi...
I been using it for years on my other cars for windows especialy when they kinda start to get stuck and not slide properly, work like a charm... My RX's driver side window needs it once a year at least, no signs of any deteriation or damage so far...
I'm willing to consider the rubber conditioner in future and see how it is, thanks.

John Gazivoda.
Old 11-20-2004 | 06:10 PM
JARO
Pro

well, I tried 300 Aerospace Protectant and the wipers work like a charm!! Will do RainX tomorrow. Thinking of protecting the lower black body panels with this stuff as well.
Old 11-20-2004 | 06:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JARO
well, I tried 300 Aerospace Protectant and the wipers work like a charm!! Will do RainX tomorrow. Thinking of protecting the lower black body panels with this stuff as well.
That's great. I use it on the lower body panels and the outside rubber sealing trim on the windows.
Old 11-20-2004 | 06:42 PM
JARO
Pro

how does it work on th elower panels? last a while of until next wash?
Old 11-20-2004 | 11:33 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JARO
how does it work on th elower panels? last a while of until next wash?
Last's a while...
Old 11-21-2004 | 01:08 AM
JARO
Pro

cool...thanks...nice GT3..!!!
Old 11-04-2009 | 09:50 PM
BlackAddr
Advanced

Default Rain X Et al....

Originally Posted by FASTER345
Guys, just throw some Rain-X on your windshield, you'll never even need your wipers. Seriously.

I think with most cars this may be true. I had an BMW X5 and I put Rain X on that "Truck" and I had no issues with that when it came to rain. I also have a 94 325i that sits in the Garage and only has about 65k miles on it, not I have put Rain X on that, and once again....no issues.

But for some reason, with my 1999 911, I have cleaned these Windows, and then put on new layers of Rain X on, and I was very excited because I thought my rain issues were over? Nope! So I thought maybe I put too little on, so I put a little more on just to make sure? And once again, I still have a Window issue! I have tried four different types of wipers and I am coming to terms that I will have to just hide away my 911 when ever it looks like it may Rain?

Ok, now for my 2 cents, and since I studied Philosophy in college and not Engineering take it as you may? But I am just curious if it has to do with the "New" slope on the new windshields? (Of course this wouldn't explain some of the issues with the older versions of the 911) So the reality of that means nothing and toss's that right out the window.

At this point, I am just lost? I have never had issues like this with any car that that I have ever owned? So I am sure like the rest of the people here, I am just looking for some kind of an idea so that I can do what I can to try and make my car a bit safer? It is a bit frustrating when you get caught in one of these storms and you cannot see beyond the headlights.

As with anyone here, I am open to any kind of idea? I would really like to see some ideas shared here, because I am sure we all know that this is a frustrating subject. Or at least maybe get some answers to some of these questions, so that I will be able to see what type of road or what may or may not be in front of me.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 11-04-2009 | 11:02 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

You need new wiper blades... only takes five minutes to change them....
Old 11-07-2009 | 12:53 PM
wirunner
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc

This list doesn't include past favorites like the cardan shaft replacement.
I don't remember ever seeing a TSB for the cardan shaft...pretty sure that was never a problem in Porsche's eyes. The cardan shaft design was perfect (almost as good as the coolant tubes).
Old 11-07-2009 | 04:30 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Wow, I remember this post--FROM 5 YEARS AGO...what a blast from the past.
Old 11-21-2009 | 01:13 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

https://www.sunsetimports.net/cleara...HLY%20SPECIALS

Just picked up a set if you still need new blades. They are on special.
Old 11-21-2009 | 02:51 PM
BaysideC4
Rennlist Member

I change my blades once a year and I have never had these problems. The best price I have found was from Sunset.
Old 11-21-2009 | 03:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Wow, I remember this post--FROM 5 YEARS AGO...what a blast from the past.
Seems like only yesterday...

Quick Reply: Windshield wipers that sound like two angry elephants...