Sponsored by:

latest software update?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2004, 03:45 PM
elkat
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default latest software update?

Can anyone let me know what is the latest software update to fix the lag and hesitation problem, is it 3.1 ??
thanks
Old 11-05-2004, 05:08 PM
gchu
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my CS to have the latest update last week. There is still some lag and hesitation Special when exited a turn, the accelerate doesn't reponse until you floor the panel. Then the CS accelerates more then you need & you have to slow down. Don't expect a complete fix at this time. I am hoping for their next SW release.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:25 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The latest is:-

DME 3.1
Auto Trans Contoller 05

Very sweet
Old 11-05-2004, 07:01 PM
WCS
Instructor

I have had latest fixes in my '03 S. The throttle becomes much more responsive and smooth. The low-speed clunk from the transmission is also gone.
Also, I noticed that the throttle-control shift trick doesn't work anymore - with the old software, driving on highway speed, I can quickly pump & release the gas pedal, gear will get shifted from D6 to D4. Now it will go down to D4 but goes back up to D5 or D6 after I release the gas pedal.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:42 PM
ajauch
Instructor

Default Hesitation

I recently had my dealer "re-map the shift points." I also checked in about the software updates but my '04 CT already had the latest.

I'm not sure what that entails, but my CT now has a more agressive downshift. It's probably f***ing up my gas milage, but those quick passes on a two lane road are way more fun now.

I had this done by Kimo at Claridges in Fremont (SF Bay Area).

Alex
Old 11-06-2004, 02:44 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by ajauch
I recently had my dealer "re-map the shift points." I also checked in about the software updates but my '04 CT already had the latest.
Is your CT also downshifting at a higher RPM as you slow down or just downshifting with less accelerator pedal travel when you depress it to accelerate?
Old 11-06-2004, 02:48 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by WCS
Also, I noticed that the throttle-control shift trick doesn't work anymore - with the old software, driving on highway speed, I can quickly pump & release the gas pedal, gear will get shifted from D6 to D4. Now it will go down to D4 but goes back up to D5 or D6 after I release the gas pedal.
Interesting.

I think I've noticed that the blipping trick still works it just holds lower gear for a longer period of time. Which is more in line with what I'd like it to do.

In general the predisposition of the Cayenne to upshift as soon as I come off the throttle is a bit whacky to me.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Allex, Glad to hear you got good results from the re-mapping. As you know, I had the same thing done a couple of months ago with impressive results. A week ago, I also had the DME update performed as one of 4 recalls (Kimo prefers to call them performance enhancements). The good part is that when I step on it, it goes, it goes fast, and it goes instantly. It tends to shift at higher RPM's, and is much more fun to drive. As you said, downshifting is much better, as well. I noticed a decline in MPG, maybe 1-2 , but it may be due to my new winter tires that may grip the road better and create more friction.
Phil
Old 11-08-2004, 12:35 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Bancu:

I mostly notice it when accelerating. Biggest change is accelerating from around 50 (like when passing). Before, you'd be in 5th or even 6th. Applying 1/4 to 1/2 throttle would give some acceleration but would not kick down the tranny. Now, it kicks down to 4th or even 3rd if you really romp on it.

My CT has always downshifted when slowing down a bit more than a "normal" car. At first, I didn't like this additional "backpressure" but I've gotten used to it. At any rate, no change when slowing down.

Alex
Old 11-08-2004, 03:32 AM
bancu
Racer

Thanks Alex.

I don't find the 6th to 4th range bad. It's the lack of a 4th-3rd, 3rd-2nd kick down that is going to kill me around town and on merges.

Downshifting when slowing is also 'bad' for me. My CT always seems to be in too high of a gear coming out of turns. It always seems like it's lugging in 3rd when it should be in 2nd.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:41 AM
WCS
Instructor

Tiptronics won't change gears in turn. So it is only natural the car feels sluggish if you glide into the turn with high gear.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:49 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Bancu

The turn thing is the only problem left untouched. A 90 degree with 40 entry and 25-35 exit needs 2, 3 is all you get unless you floor it, then you exit heading to 60 which is not to clever in the burbs.

I think they will design a fix.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:03 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by WCS
Tiptronics won't change gears in turn. So it is only natural the car feels sluggish if you glide into the turn with high gear.
Could you go into this a bit for me? I know what I _think_ I've observed and I'm confused.

I know I can start out in 2nd, take a turn, not be out of it and look down and I'm in 3rd.

I also confirmed at lunch that I can Tip down (3rd to 2nd) or up (3rd to 4th) to my heart's content while my wheels are still angled and I'm in a turn.

Am I missing something?
Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

That has got me also as thats the only way I can get through a corner in 2, it definitely changes.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:02 PM
bancu
Racer

Whew! I thought I was losing it.

Thanks for your other note. I'm not ignoring it. It's just going take me a bit more to sort out a reply.

Quick Reply: latest software update?