New Cayenne Owner with comments and questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Northrop
I just passed the one year mark and 12k on my Pepper S. I'd like to pass on a few comments for both new and prospective owners.

Most of my driving has been highway. I have driven cross country (Seattle to Michigan and back) twice and the Cayenne was outstanding on the road. On my last trip back to Seattle I pulled a medium sized UHaul trailer with ease. If I hadn't seen it in my rear view mirror, I wouldn't have know it was there. BTW, I averaged 74 mph for the three day trip (ave. 820 miles per day).

I recently took the Pepper into my local dealership, Barrier Porsche in Bellevue, WA. They had the vehicle for a week (PCA paid for my rental) and fixed the following items:

-Very annoying squeek eminating from the back seat/rear of the interior. This squeek did NOT eminate from the seat latches, but was of a more exotic origin. It took a number of road tests before the service crew isolated the problem: a poorly installed rear window assembly that actually had a number of sheered off attachment points. Solution: replacement of the entire window assembly....squeek is totally gone!

-Replace the drivers side cover for the headlight washer. This part flew off somewhere in South Dakota.

-Took care of all the recalls from the past year.
-Replaced both remote keys and tested the sometimes mysterious "park n' lock" feature.
-Replaced two small trim covers on the outboard side of the seat rails. One sheered off and the other refused to stay on.
-Cured the ubiquitous condensation in the headlights issue.
-Unclogged the rear window washer.
-Lastly, replaced all four tires (I paid for half) as the OEM units were the MOST DANGEROUS TIRES I have ever driven on in snow and ice. I had a long talk with two factory representatives about how most Cayenne owners didn't realize that the OEM treads were more suitable for South California track events than a silly romp in the snow in Michigan. Subsequently, you can see that almost all Peppers are now ordered with the no cost "all season" tire option. The new Pirelli Scorpion Zero's are excellent so far, although they have only seen the rain of Seattle.

All in all the Cayenne is an excellent vehicle that has managed to maintain the Porsche heritage. It still turns heads after one year. My nieces V8 Tourag is also an outstanding vehicle...but is still only 75% of my S.

Thanks for listening.
Nice avitar. Is that your Cayenne? I have only seen one Lapis blue in the Puget Sound area and that was around Edmonds about a month ago on I5 going south. It looked great.
I am in Tacoma and deal with Larson Porsche regularly. They are nice but I am wondering how your service experience has been. Anyone that you recommend? Also did you get a loaner or was it an Enterprise POS?

Quick Reply: New Cayenne Owner with comments and questions