Sponsored by:

My Cayenne lives for yet another day

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And when you want really excellent service..try Steven's Creek, I have found them to be vastly superior in recent years. Carlsen have lost their edge (IMO).
Old 11-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

philg3, alex911s, Itzkirb, gchu, colm ...
Have any of you used more than one of Claridge, Carlsen, Anderson-Behel for comparison? My experience with A/B (911 SC, 993) is OK, but not as personalized as I infer from the above posts of Carlsen and Claridge.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:45 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

I've used Carlsen before they moved from Palo Alto to Menlo Park, and their new facility is very nice. I had my 996 serviced there, but it was a long time ago. I thought they did a good job.

I've taken my CT exclusively to Claridge because that's where I bought it, and they have done a really good job. When I bring it in with a performance or unusual issue, my service guy gets the tech guy over so that I can explain it directly to him -- and it gets fixed.

Colm really likes Stevens Creek and I'm tempted to use them because they are close by, and their reduced fee schedule that I previously posted, is probably too good to pass up. Colm, who do you work with over there?

Since I've had my CT for about 18 months with 10Kmi, and I've had all the updates done, recently changed the oil myself, I think I'm done bringing it in for awhile. Next stop hopefully is 20Kmi, and I'm thinking about Stevens Creek. I think that we are fortunate to have 3 good choices to service our C's.

So Raptor, from my experience and others, I think all 3 dealers are good based upon what I've read here.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:17 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have used them all over the years and Carlsen has gone downhill (IMO) and Steven's Creek has come up.

Steven's Creek #1 (go the extra mile)
Claridges #2 (No complaints)
Carlsen #3 (questionable as to their practices)
Old 11-10-2004, 08:39 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I've had problems with Claridges parts department, they were rude, they said they wouldnt take my part back that i bought, then they decided ok we'll take it back it's either you can or not, but again that's not the service department. Also they werent as nice to me when I drove in with my '75 911S, they were ok when I had the Cayenne and i went with the same guy. I live all the way in the new town called Mountain House, by livermore and so far Carlsen was really good, nothing really close by maybe we all should open one:-) I'll give more feedback when my car is done.
Old 12-01-2004, 01:50 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Phil,George and Kirby,

Thanks for the help, I forgot to post after I got my car from Carlsen. Everything got done on time and they gave me good service. They replaced both my keyfob for the fix, still dont have decent range though. thanks again...

Quick Reply: My Cayenne lives for yet another day