Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No 7VE Pre Heater w/ Timer for MY05?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 05:38 PM
bancu
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No 7VE Pre Heater w/ Timer for MY05?

I was looking at the Cayenne '05 order guide for the US and did not see option: 7VE-Pre Heater w/ Timer.

Was this option dropped for 2005 in the US?

Is this option still available ROW?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:46 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had tried to get this on my now delivered 05 TT and it was bounced out of the order. Was not available in June, but the dealer had all the info on it.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:07 PM
bancu
Racer

Default Could it be a parts issue?

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I had tried to get this on my now delivered 05 TT and it was bounced out of the order. Was not available in June, but the dealer had all the info on it.
Thanks.

That is strange. They delivered it on the '04s in at least the US and Germany.

If it was just an parts availability issue I would have thought that it would still be on the order guide.

BTW: It is a slick option. I just wish we could activate it remotely like they can overseas.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:06 AM
bancu
Racer

Default Webasto?

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I had tried to get this on my now delivered 05 TT and it was bounced out of the order.
If you're still interested in getting this functionality Webasto is supposed to be who provides the unit for the Cayenne.

Their website is:

http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_heaters_444.html

It looks like they also offer a remote option in the US.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:53 PM
prospector
6th Gear

Default Remote for Pre Heater

I tried to have my '04 CS programmed for a remote for the pre-heater. Dealer claimed it was only available for row, not USA.
If anyone finds a way around this, I'd surely be interested!

Thanks!
Tim
Old 10-20-2004, 07:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe this option was responsible for holding Cayennes at port of entry as Porsche didn't have the necessary paperwork to the DOT and EPA in time.

I believe they were eventually granted a waiver, albeit reluctantly.

My guess (and that's all it is) is that the profit margin on this option made it not worth the effort for the US models given the time/money required to satisfy DOT/EPA... (think front bumperettes, different rear bumpers, demanding crash test recertification if you went from power windows to hand crank windows from the RSA saga....yes, your tax dollars hard at work helping you decide what you really want in a car).

Perhaps Gert at Carnewal.com could assist in getting required parts to allow for RoW functionality?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:31 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by ltc
I believe this option was responsible for holding Cayennes at port of entry as Porsche didn't have the necessary paperwork to the DOT and EPA in time.
I can believe this was the case with early production units. My '04 actually made it out of port in the US and was 'held' at the dealer.

I just noticed that Niello Porsche is listing it under their '05 build page as part of the p90 - Cold Weather Package.

There are also several "in inventory" '04s on the net with this option. To me, that makes it look like it just wasn't early vehicles that made it.

Maybe it is just the guide I'm looking at.

Quick Reply: No 7VE Pre Heater w/ Timer for MY05?