Sponsored by:

New mods, Techart Headlight Covers

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 12:41 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mods, Techart Headlight Covers

Don't you guys think that this site is addictive?

A local bodyshop here in Cambridge, Dick's Autobody, painted the covers for me. They did a great job, and it is very smooth

Thanks Arling for the covers!! It came together with my exhaust on time!!

Here are some quick photos, I'll get better photos later (its raining outside)
DEETZ22
Racer

DEETZ22
Racer

Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

They look amazing, I wonder if they would look that good on a black Cayenne. wow, I'm very inpressed.
Thanks for the pix.

John Gazivoda.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:13 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

thanks alot! do you want me to take some photos of those covers in a black car? My friend has a black Cayenne Turbo and he also has the covers and Techart bodykit.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Deetz22: The covers look great! Thanks so much. I thought I was finished (except for dustless pads). I, too, have a white CS and now I am compelled to do the headlight covers (after having done: all white lowers, Tequipment tips with CT valence, no turn center caps in silver, silver hood crest, silver steering wheel crest, TechArt 22s, Gemballa pedal set, FM mod, BMC filters) No mas!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 08:48 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Raptor: nice!! show me your ride, I am dieing to see it. You have such a long list

How do you get the silver steering wheel crest? was it hard to install?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:39 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Way cool!!! Nice pics
Old 09-16-2004, 09:49 PM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Deetz22: About the SW crest: I have mixed feelings about sharing this experience. On the one hand, everyone has been so helpful (with accolades to Kevin M) that I would like to reciprocate. On the other hand, my story points oyt that I am an impulsive dumbass. Here's the story:

Got a silver SW crest from the ever-clever Ralph Boothe Design. Took about 17 seconds to study the problem before plunging ahead. In any event, I pondored the removal of the gold SW crest and determined that it looked as if it were glued on. (In retrospect, all I had to do to avoid the following screw-up was ask at a parts counter to see a pix of the stock crest.) I used some nylon strapping tape and worked it behind one top corner, then accross the back of the crest, by tugging/pulling back and forth. I shot some GooGone to the back of the top of the crest. Essentially I "polished" off the glue on the back of the crest by rubbing the tape back and forth (left-right-left-...) and applying more GooGone as I worked on it. The tape tore a number of times because of the metal edges on the crest. Unforunately as I worked the tape down I encountered an obstacle mid-way. The obstacle, I later saw, is a center pin in the middle of the crest that that is pressure fitted into the center of an "X" hole in the leather SW center. I worked from the bottom up the same way as above. Finally, I could slide the tape back-and-forth easily all around, except fr the damn pin. Stupidly (and I mean ereally stupidly) I thought that it would screw off like the hood crest. DUMB!!! In trying to unscrew it, I scraped the surrounding leather enough that every time I now get in the car I metally do a number on myself. I got the crest off by pulling and rotating pressure from left to right (all the time wondering if I was going to trigger the air bag by yanking on the crest and thinking that not only did I scuff the SW cover but would have to spend $3,000 replacing the air bag). By pulling and sort of levering from side to side the crest did (and will) come out/off.

By the time I had scuffed the leather and got it off, I simply glued the new one back on (and neglected to take pix, in my pique). I used my old standby ashesive, clear ShoeGoo to afix the silver crest. My **** need for all-around silver crests is sated. Sadly, my impulsive, compulsive need to do it without any prethought was also sated.

In summary, you can get it off with a little arm strength and patience. BTW, I didn'y use a heat gun or a hair dryer for fear of scorching the leather. The GooGone and tape part works very nicely.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:37 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by DEETZ22
thanks alot! do you want me to take some photos of those covers in a black car? My friend has a black Cayenne Turbo and he also has the covers and Techart bodykit.
Please shoot some photos at your convenience. I would love to see what it looks like.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:58 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

Raptor: thanks alot for the explanation!! I appreciate it... I will install it when I have time ^^ do you mind sharing some pics of your car?

Blade: I will post it tomorrow night as soon as I go home and take my camera ^^
Old 09-20-2004, 02:12 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Yes, please, I'd realy appreciate that.

Thanks,
John Gazivoda.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:49 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

hopefully I can take some pictures tonight, when my camera battery was full, my friend went out with the car, and now I recharged the battery and it is still dead, I will recharge it again and take some photos tonight, hopefully it works...
Old 09-20-2004, 08:04 PM
ajauch
Instructor

my friend went out with the car
You let your FRIEND DRIVE THE C? Yowsa! I'd rather let someone take my girlfriend out for a spin than my CT!!

A
Old 09-20-2004, 08:07 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

nope, I mean my friend has his own car, a Cayenne Turbo, he just put Techart kit and headlight covers on his car. Some people here would like to see the covers on a black car ... and hopefully you know what I am saying

Quick Reply: New mods, Techart Headlight Covers