Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Cayenne draws an awful lot of attention...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was asked by a colleague if that was the "Turbo Cayenne". I said no it was the Turbo S model.

This is similar to a guy I talked to at a local grocery store driving a 1990 C4 (964) coupe. I told him, nice 964! He said, no it's a 911.

Old 09-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Jessa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
I get nada, nothing, ziltch...crap man....
Cayennes have really caught on in the bay area. I see them everywhere. I flash or wave, as with most Porsches, and usually don't get any response, again, as with most Porsches. But, a few do notice. Around here, the Cayenne isn't as unusual, and doesn't stand out as a much. Its still an awsome machine.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:48 PM
ajauch
Instructor

I have to agree with Jessa. My CT barely gets a glimmer. I kind of like that. My Boxster still gets comments and appreciative looks. I've come back to the car several times to find people checking it out. It can be a little unnerving at first.

Yesterday, I saw FIVE (yes FIVE) Cayennes of various stripes on my drive home. That's only 20 miles, so you know there are a ton of Cayennes around here.

Alex
Old 09-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jessa
Cayennes have really caught on in the bay area. I see them everywhere. I flash or wave, as with most Porsches, and usually don't get any response, again, as with most Porsches. But, a few do notice. Around here, the Cayenne isn't as unusual, and doesn't stand out as a much. Its still an awsome machine.
I used to wave, but I think the soccer moms think I'm hitting on them, so now I don't bother.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:22 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

I have the only cayenne in like a 10 mile radius here LOL So its pretty cool.. there is one that comes to work at an office building by my house, but he lives like 30 miles away so that dont count =P

There are like five people that get dropped off in cayennes @ my school though, like 2 S's 2 Turbo's and a v6

Ryan T.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ljugete
This is similar to a guy I talked to at a local grocery store driving a 1990 C4 (964) coupe. I told him, nice 964! He said, no it's a 911.
hilarious
Old 09-20-2004, 09:48 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by M-Phibian
More than I expected. I get people staring ALL the time...and I've heard many, many positive comments from people telling me how much they "love" it, and how "beautiful" it is in the very short time I've owned it.
This has been an ongoing problem that I have also had to endure. I used to think it was my various vehicles, until it continued when driving a P.O.S. So I have had to conclude that it is ME, not my ride.

Perhaps we share a common problem. Perhaps you are hot too.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:53 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by wingless
This has been an ongoing problem that I have also had to endure. I used to think it was my various vehicles, until it continued when driving a P.O.S. So I have had to conclude that it is ME, not my ride.

Another hottie ??????

Old 09-21-2004, 09:21 AM
M-Phibian
Instructor

LOL....ya, I guess I am pretty hot now that I think about it.

Originally Posted by wingless

Quick Reply: The Cayenne draws an awful lot of attention...