Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Lewis, please open the package I sent you and take 3 of the red pills. Thank you.
As you wish
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by grohgreg
Quite unusual for a (super) moderator to clutter up an otherwise legitimate thread with unrelated attempts at humor. Is there some comedy club clique here that I don't know about?

//greg//
Greg.. When in Rome, do as the Romans do..

Life's too short.

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Lewis, please open the package I sent you and take 3 of the red pills. Thank you.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 PM
abatis
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I have the Prodigy RF set up with my Cayenne Diesel for towing my Maverick 14 ft stock(animal) trailer with LED lights. I noticed my trailer lights were flashing in sync with the car alarm flash when the vehicle was locked. I unplugged the 7 pin from the Cayenne and the car alarm went off. Not that a 2700lb trailer (380lb tongue weight empty) would be easy to steal but nice that at least an alarm would go off when they try to disconnect it. By the way the Cayenne pulls the trailer great even up here in the mountains of Montana. However I have not had it loaded up to the max of 7700lbs yet.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 PM
grohgreg
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not promonently, but the trailer anti-theft feature is mentioned in the owner manual. I've towed the 7700 pound max, a 6000+ pound John Deere on a 7500# (gross) tandem. As long as I position the tractor to keep the tongue weight reasonable, the car takes the load in stride.

//greg//
Old 07-27-2013, 06:17 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by abatis
I have the Prodigy RF set up with my Cayenne Diesel for towing my Maverick 14 ft stock(animal) trailer with LED lights. I noticed my trailer lights were flashing in sync with the car alarm flash when the vehicle was locked. I unplugged the 7 pin from the Cayenne and the car alarm went off. Not that a 2700lb trailer (380lb tongue weight empty) would be easy to steal but nice that at least an alarm would go off when they try to disconnect it. By the way the Cayenne pulls the trailer great even up here in the mountains of Montana. However I have not had it loaded up to the max of 7700lbs yet.
Yep ... Prodigy RF too and experienced the same alarm feature when I locked the CD and disconnected the trailer plug. As for towing, so far no real complaints. I tow a 20ft enclosed featherlite with a 997.2+gear and tools (total weight ~6000lbs) and the only thing I notice is at times under heavy stress (hills) on the interstate hwy at ~ 60-65mph I will get the oil temp to hit about 260 degF. Then as the load reduces it backs down to the normal 240-250 range while towing. Anyone else notice a highish (+250degF) oil temp under a heavy stress? BTW I just did a DIY oil change and sent the sample to Blackstone so I can see if there are any issues. We'll see ...

Quick Reply: Trailer lights flash every 3.2 seconds