Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Check Coolant Level" sign!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 12:58 AM
cayenneKP
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down "Check Coolant Level" sign!!!

My car is just six months old. Everything is great until last week when that sign showed up. I did check coolant level but it was in normal level. I went to dealer but the computer said nothing was wrong. Oneday it is fine but another day it shows up. This make me crazy. I've been with Pcar for more than a decade. I 've never had bad impression with Pcar 'till this one. May be too high technology in Cayenne, may be too many computerized items its engineers try to put in, I don't know!!. Has anyone experienced this problem same as mine? Please share info! any comments would be appreciated! Thank you!!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:37 PM
cayenneKP
Track Day

Why doesn't anyone talk to me? Not even one. Here is a kind of private club that none wants to talk with newcomers or what!!. Please be kind to stranger!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:46 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont worry most people will reply if they have experience with your problem. I have not heard that one before, my guess is that its a sensor malfunction.

and Welcome !

:-)
Old 08-31-2004, 01:46 AM
ozr
Racer

Talking

It should be simple...
Just make a habit checking coolant level at least once in 2 mo and HOT summer time twice a month. And keep it FULL in HOT summer weather, not just somewhere between max and min. Use quality coolant. U should be fine then.

If you checked level and it's fine, then simply it's malfunctioning sensor. Replace it at the dealer, but it's still fine for the car to operate.

Do not worry too much, Cayenne is a great utility vehicle.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:42 AM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by cayenneKP
I went to dealer but the computer said nothing was wrong.
The Cayenne computers will store an intermittant fault error code for 50 ignition cycles. If the problem occurs again, then ask the dealership for the error code and post it here.

Quick Reply: "Check Coolant Level" sign!!!