Sponsored by:

Hot Air from Vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:25 PM
plianides
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Air from Vents

I have had my Cayenne for about 7 months now, and have been very happy. However, I notice that once the engine has warmed up, the air coming in through the vents in invariably hot (even when on the lowest setting). Typically, the air coming through the vents is atleast 10+ degrees warmer than the outside air. It takes awhile to heat up, so I assume that maybe the plumbing is too close to the block or something. It was not a problem or issue in the winter time, but I find it very annoying in the summer.

Has anyone else experience this problem? I am not sure if this is a general design flaw, or if it is specific to my car alone.

Any input would be helpful,
Thanks Peter.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:06 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No this is wrong, you need to take it into the dealer.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:24 AM
1988carrera
Instructor

We had a slightly different problem over the weekend. While off roading, I tried to turn the AC compressor off ( pressing the Econ button) as we were going slow in a low gear to avoid stressing the engine - the out side temp was around 77F. However, instead of putting out ambient temp air, HOT air started to blow in and I was forced to turn the AC on agin! (we could not keep the windows open in view of all the dust). Will check with service in AM. Any one had experience turning Econ off??
Old 08-10-2004, 06:50 AM
bnhs1210
Track Day

I have same(or similar.. I don't know) problem... oopS..

When I drive without turning on A/C, sometimes hot air are coming from vent to inside, especially leg room are and it's really hot.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:10 PM
Hypersonic
Intermediate

Default Hot air blowing from vents in ECON mode

Updated: I didn't realize I have the same condition!

When set on the "LO" setting in ECON mode I have warmer than ambient air blowing through the vents as described.

Last edited by Hypersonic; 08-10-2004 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Further investigation
Old 08-11-2004, 12:20 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 935 Likes on 566 Posts

Funny I just checked this thread and noticed the same thing tonight- it's reasonably cool here, in the 70's so AC isn't needed. Had the windows closed and sunroof tilted with temp setting at Lo and econ button on. The air coming out wasn't really HOT but was definitely warmer than outside air. Since many seem to be doing this, what are we setting wrong?? Time to read the manual again???

Quick Reply: Hot Air from Vents