Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayenne Head Rest Monitors finally available from SAVV Corp.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2004, 08:42 PM
RUthless
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Cayenne Head Rest Monitors finally available from SAVV Corp.

The first Cayenne-specific headrest replacement-type monitors are now available from SAVV. I just ordered mine today from a SAVV dealer in Elizabeth, NJ.

He said I called about them on Monday(6/28) & a few hours later the SAVV sales rep came in with all the info...My part # was HR-7.8 POC SB(as in Sand Beige)

Myron & Davis & Visualogic - still no ETA on either...

$1299 +$150(Installation) = $1449 for two headrests with 7.8 inch monitors, dvd player, headphones, security covers ect. - installed!!!

The link below can get lead you to some basic info on the headrest package and find a SAVV dealer in your area...

http://www.savv.com/products_hr_index.htm
Old 07-02-2004, 03:12 PM
plianides
Intermediate

If you don't mind me asking, where did you mount the DVD player? Did you get a multi or single disk player? Sounds like you got a good price, I was quoted over $2K

I prefer having it mounted in the rear seat area, but the dealer is recommending that it goes in the cargo area. If I put it in the cargo area, I will probably want/need to get a multi-disk player so I don't need to pull over in order to change a movie for the kids...

Peter.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Hello,

I just got off the phone with my local Savv authorized dealership by my house. I wanted to get the Savv set for my C-S, and to my surprise, he wont sell it to me.

He stated that the quality of the headrest for the Cayenne is very poor. Not only is the leather quality and leather work poor, but the color is also not matched well. As such, he will not sell the Cayenne set at his shop in fear of custom complaints. For all his Cayenne customers, he is telling them to wait for the Visualogic set that is due out next month.

Ruthless, if you are reading this, make sure you checkout your set before install. The fact that this shop refused to sell me Savv and is willing to risk that I buy else where makes me believe he might be telling the truth.

Let us know what you think when you get the set. Take care!

Peter
Old 07-08-2004, 12:40 AM
RUthless
Advanced

Lotus,

Did not have an install yet. Funny you mention that, though. I hope that is not the case but I do have a story on that. My Savv dealer said that the Visualogic rep had been in(the same day the SAVV rep was in with info on the headrests) & said similar things. However, the dealer said he couldn't know for sure because no one had seen them yet. Evidence of that is that they have only final mock-ups in each color but inventory in black only. My Sand Beige's are being made this week so no one can actually say - I'm sure your dealer didn't see them yet either. My guess is that the Visualogic reps are out telling dealers this info. If is true, however, I simply won't accept them. visualogic had had major problem with R&D of the Cayenne's HR's. I spoke to two different people in R&D there & they have had a lousy time with them - My confidence isn them is actually very low at this point, but thanks for the info. That's not even to mention a much high price point of closer to 2500 for a visualogic system installed...If you can ever install it...

plianedes, going with a single player - going to ask for it under passenger seat but we'll see what he recommends...
Old 07-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Lotus350
Advanced

Hello Ruthless,

The dealer I went to did see it. He told me that he went down to Savv in Cerritos for viewing. (Savv's office is only about 25 miles from my house). This dealer may indeed have only seen the mock up ones, and decided they are not up to par. If so, I hope the final production ones are OK.

Hmm... If I can, I just might run over to Savv to see what "your set" looks like. I'll calll them and see if I can see it.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:52 PM
kevin152
Track Day

While you are their looking can you look at the Black Headrests and see if they are a good match? I would love to add these at that price. Thanks
Old 07-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Hello Kevin,

No problem..if I can get in. I called Micheal at Savv (562) 407-1717 to setup an appointment to request for a viewing. Left a message...still waiting for them to call me back. I'll let you guys know what happens.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Lotus350
Advanced

Well, no call back from Savv. So called again...nothing.

But, out of luck, I was down at my local Savv dealer to purchase other items.... to my suprise, the guy had a black set in stock what was ordered for a customer, but not installed.

I looked at it, and my conclusion is NO GO. The overall quality is actually not bad. The "PROBLEM" is that the shape of the headrest is NOT the same as the Cayenne!!! The shape of it is just like a standard headrest on a BMW, MB, Lexus, Toyota.... It's just a pillow style.

On the Cayenne, the headrest has a unique design, but not the Savv one. I asked why, and was told that they couldn't fit their stardard 7.8 inch screen onto it. So, they couldn't produce one that will fit.

Hmm... also, latest word on the street is that Visualogic is also having problems reproducing the "Cayenne" headrest to fit their 7 inch monitor. Part of the problem is the shape of the headrest. The mid and upper section of the headrest is just too narrow to work with. Will have to wait and see.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:03 AM
kevin152
Track Day

Thanks for the feedback on the black headrests.

Kevin

Quick Reply: Cayenne Head Rest Monitors finally available from SAVV Corp.