Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! PDCC units leaking under car - how bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2024, 09:39 AM
somenoob
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! PDCC units leaking under car - how bad?

Hello guys,

I just recently started working myself on my 08 cayenne S. I've looked online and havent seen a similar issue - usually the pdcc braided lines fail but that doesnt seem to be the case with me. I Noticed the pdcc units underneith the car is leaking, both front and rear units, although the rear is much worse.

Let me know your thoughts of the severity of the issue, and what you think could be the issue/remedy (o-ring quick fix vs expensive replacement)

Thanks everybody for your feedback.
Old 08-06-2024, 08:58 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,619 Likes on 4,207 Posts

That's a lot of fluid under the car and the larger issue is that the PDCC system and the power steering share a very expensive tandem pump, and if either reservoir runs dry, the pump gets destroyed very quickly. Hard to tell exactly the leak source or how to remedy it.

Pretty unusual to have PDCC on an S, like maybe the first one I've ever seen.
​​​​​​
Old 08-07-2024, 05:46 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Like @Petza914 said, that's a lot of fluid. Looks like the seals have failed in your sway bars. Make sure you check the reservior on the firewall asap. The issue with the hydraulics is they only show you how bad they are under load. It could be pissing you fluid all over the road in a turn and all you'll see is the moist state like in your pics. Looks like it is time to replace them. I just had my tandem pump replaced with a thurough flush and all hoses. If you are in the mid-west I recommend RennsportKC> Karl Wilen

Quick Reply: Help! PDCC units leaking under car - how bad?