Sponsored by:

PSM Coding

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM
Dllrd23
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts
Default PSM Coding

Just swapped my PSM/ABS module with a used unit with identical part numbers. Old unit had a hydraulic pump error and the pump would not run. After replacing, the pump can be commanded on but when I scan for fault codes (Autel Maxis Elite) I get a code 1044 module not coded properly. When I go into coding, I chose 17" and 18" Brembo - I have 18" wheels. I do not know if it is MSR or non-MSR and I do not know if it is HSA or non-HSA. Frame is coded as Steel. Can anyone help with the HSA and MSR as to what they mean and what selection I should make. to get this code to clear.

Additionally, I seem to have a small amount of air trapped somewhere in the system. Pedal is firm on first brake application but if you let off and immediately reapply, it will fade under constant pressure. I used a pressure Bleeder (push) and bled rr,lr,rf,lf. Still had air but mo air leaving the caliper at either bleeder. I manually bled the PSM module by opening the input Lises (2 of them) after assistant pumped up the pedal. Then I did the same on the 4 output lines. Then I rebled with pressure bleeder. I cannot find an automated Bleed anywhere. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
jbrowning22
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy the thinkdiag pod off Amazon. It will program the PSM correctly. Other scan tools sometimes dont have all the correct options.