Sponsored by:

Differential locking indicator light but no text display

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 12:00 AM
KillerBeagle
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Differential locking indicator light but no text display

I'm trying to renovate a 2006 V6 with 200K miles that's in serious need of a Jimi fix. When driven (gently) the differential locking indicator light comes on, but there is nothing on the text display. When I look in the manual, each case of that indicator light includes some descriptive text from the text display. How can I diagnose this further? It is possible that this only comes on because the driveshaft is thumping around, or because the battery was so low that the car needed to be jump started?
Old 07-16-2024, 05:18 AM
hahnmgh63
Three Wheelin'

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts

Could be the batter for sure as it causes a lot of issues on the Cayenne. Definitely get the propshaft carrier support bearing fixed before you drive it anymore as it's just going to cause damage. The extra stress of it thumping around will cause the seal on the back of the transfer case or the one on the rear diff to go bad.
Old 07-16-2024, 03:58 PM
KillerBeagle
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hahnmgh63
Could be the batter for sure as it causes a lot of issues on the Cayenne. Definitely get the propshaft carrier support bearing fixed before you drive it anymore as it's just going to cause damage.
Thanks! Yes, definitely not driving it until the support bearing is fixed. I met the sellers at a parking lot a mile from their place where I could fit my truck with a car hauler trailer, and only drove it twice around the lot. Hopefully they didn't drive it enough to damage anything, but I will check when I get underneath.

Quick Reply: Differential locking indicator light but no text display