Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2024, 07:37 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 783 Likes on 560 Posts

2 things.
1, Love the rims.
2, is the shop paying for this? It does lower at highway speeds that's normal.
Old 07-15-2024, 08:21 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
2 things.
1, Love the rims.
2, is the shop paying for this? It does lower at highway speeds that's normal.
thank you, I will post up all the happenings with this. It went from noticable to WTH pretty quickly. Karl says he suspects the height sensor is damaged, but I will leave it to his capable hands vs. having my interference in play...
Old 07-16-2024, 02:08 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 783 Likes on 560 Posts

If he's paying for it let him do it.
Old 07-17-2024, 12:37 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

Update: as it stands I am glad I stayed out of the mix. Karl @ Rennsport KC cannot get it to recalibrate properly, he says halfway through it is showing an error and failing. I told him keep at it and let me know what has to be done.
Old Today, 01:05 PM
Unibtanium
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VoilaGT3
Update: as it stands I am glad I stayed out of the mix. Karl @ Rennsport KC cannot get it to recalibrate properly, he says halfway through it is showing an error and failing. I told him keep at it and let me know what has to be done.
Tell Karl to keep a charger on battery set to 25amps so that during calibration it hopefully doesn't time out half way thru. 25 AMP not 10 amp trickle

I tried to calibrate mine and it would always time out after 2 or 3 corners showed OK, was never able to complete with or without charger

I personally am hunting a phantom 1780 Level Sensor error code, doesn't specify the corner in question and just throws code after 5min of driving. I installed used Level ECU from eBay, as my previous ECU module was dead. Suspension works on all settings and drives fine up to redline. 06 CTTS

Last edited by Unibtanium; Today at 01:08 PM.
Old Today, 03:26 PM
VoilaGT3
Rennlist Member

I sent him the info, he said it wasn't the battery issue. Good thought and thank you. It seems the release valve control is damaged and the air strut will not release now(right rear o.g.)
Old Today, 03:37 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

While the battery charger is a good idea when plugged into the car for any type of calibration etc, this car has a bad right rear check valve on the strut that is frozen and not letting the RR drop down. Running a bleed procedure with the Piwis and the results are that corner not dropping is the first verification. The second is pulling that line off the valve block and not getting any air out. It should rush out. 3rd is checking the length of the air line going into the strut to make sure it can activate the valve which is also ok. Frist thing it has to do during calibration is drop to the low level which that corner can not which causes the issue. They are known to seize up.

Quick Reply: Jack mode not used woes, please help 09' CTTS