Sponsored by:

Porsche Cayenne 3.6 PSM Failure code1314

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2024, 07:14 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DON-Eiden
I did not hear anything comes from throttle to be honest.
it feels like there are no gas... car dont start at all.
could be the possibility you did something wrong, because there is a noise which is really possible to notice. If there is no noice , the throttle body doesn’t get voltage / power. Check the connection.
Old 06-09-2024, 03:02 AM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekstroemtj
could be the possibility you did something wrong, because there is a noise which is really possible to notice. If there is no noice , the throttle body doesn’t get voltage / power. Check the connection.
The procedure of throttle adaptation needs ECU/computer on? I just saw some videos on the youtube, there are all with computer connected while I was trying without on...

Old 06-09-2024, 07:39 AM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Like I try to explain. Turn the key to the right. The stage where ECU is on fire. On position before start.
Old 06-09-2024, 08:01 AM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

Like I try to explain. Turn the key to the right. The stage where ECU is on fire. On position before start.
I did not get the idea of computer on plugged in (ECU) reader it was a hard day honestly run out of my cell battery and just later I saw also videos...

Last edited by DON-Eiden; 06-09-2024 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-09-2024, 09:00 AM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

You don’t need to connect your code reader when doing the process
Old 06-09-2024, 10:04 AM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

You don’t need to connect your code reader when doing the process
Ok than I did as you recommended but no sign from the Throttle (noise)

as I saw some youtube videos later they kind of do the reset through application of computer reader in other Porsche models like boxter or 911...

I will leave it up to service dealership but wanted to save some, would like to try also like what I have found here also... attached from screen shot

thank you

Last edited by DON-Eiden; 06-09-2024 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:47 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Did your engine show any signs of life? Cranking when you turn the key?
Old 06-09-2024, 05:11 PM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

Did your engine show any signs of life? Cranking when you turn the key?
yes it crank very well, it looked like fuel pump does not work so I called a guy to check electricity but fuel pump is working.
I did a huge mistake disconecting throttle so maybe its broken inside or blocked
Old 06-09-2024, 05:28 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DON-Eiden
yes it crank very well, it looked like fuel pump does not work so I called a guy to check electricity but fuel pump is working.
I did a huge mistake disconecting throttle so maybe its broken inside or blocked
disconnect the throttle body. It’s easy. Be careful but you can try open the blade by hand.
Old 06-09-2024, 05:37 PM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

disconnect the throttle body. It’s easy. Be careful but you can try open the blade by hand.
Ok will do that and let you know.
In the end New throttle it cost around 150$ but I hope there is no other side effects like ECU, camshafts etc
the water in passanger side might be collected from airconditioning condensation as well as rainy.
I loved the car but I am affraid I am going to sell asap as it UNPREDICTABLE and it cost me a lot to keep it.
thank you for your support!
Old 06-09-2024, 07:04 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

I don’t know where you are located, but me first advice would be: dont make any moves which you can regret one day. I still believe it’s not a major problem. I mean nothing very serious. The water is the problem number one. As I understand your car was running before. Of course with the PSM Problem sometimes.

How man miles / km you make since you bought the car?
how many km in total the car has now?

maybe somebody else from the experts here can give some input .

Old 06-09-2024, 08:07 PM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

Read this please :
https://rennlist.com/forums/diy-caye...-moisture.html
Old 06-10-2024, 05:38 AM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

Thank you for your words! I live in Tirana (Albania), I bought (Cayenne 957 my dream car) in Feb this year with 350k KM, I cloud drove it like 3,300 km for 3-4 months (with some issues but ok car moved), mostly in Highway.
Seems that Car was used very bad in past (I found out when TransferCase Fluid Changed like 2 months ago there was less than 200ml out of 850ml needed, maybe that because of oil for transfer case its not known in my country or even the mechanics dont have a clue that such oil existed in the car)
I saw on YouTube and sometime I got that AWD fault so decided to change. Once car was stalling bad enough I thought engine gone but all it was MAF AirFlow which was replaced originally Bosch and later I heard that would resist 2-3 months due to high temperature... Car is cooled by Water in Mediterranean area 40*C+, I was afraid to replace with Original Coolant since that might have bad consequences duo to corrosion from water in cooling system... I already lost one car in past with that change.
Then PSM failure came out which led to crankshaft change, AWD socket disconnect (suggested by mechanics here as it was supposed that a noise comes when I was braking led to PSM failure) and now I gave up since I was during last weekend in my hometown which 250km from here Pristina (Kosovo). There are many mechanics but all wanted to work on Diesel Engine (when they see Petrol goes away) so now even that the problem of idling, stalling and all those issues found out (thanks GOD and Rennlist support) I have to pay for trailer to bring car in Tirana and hopefully they will calibrate Throttle, re-connect wires and make it work... which is a wish so far.

Old 06-10-2024, 05:39 AM
DON-Eiden
Intermediate

I don’t know where you are located, but me first advice would be: dont make any moves which you can regret one day. I still believe it’s not a major problem. I mean nothing very serious. The water is the problem number one. As I understand your car was running before. Of course with the PSM Problem sometimes.

How man miles / km you make since you bought the car?
how many km in total the car has now?

maybe somebody else from the experts here can give some input .

Thank you for your words! I live in Tirana (Albania), I bought (Cayenne 957 my dream car) in Feb this year with 350k KM, I cloud drove it like 3,300 km for 3-4 months (with some issues but ok car moved), mostly in Highway.
Seems that Car was used very bad in past (I found out when TransferCase Fluid Changed like 2 months ago there was less than 200ml out of 850ml needed, maybe that because of oil for transfer case its not known in my country or even the mechanics dont have a clue that such oil existed in the car)
I saw on YouTube and sometime I got that AWD fault so decided to change. Once car was stalling bad enough I thought engine gone but all it was MAF AirFlow which was replaced originally Bosch and later I heard that would resist 2-3 months due to high temperature... Car is cooled by Water in Mediterranean area 40*C+, I was afraid to replace with Original Coolant since that might have bad consequences duo to corrosion from water in cooling system... I already lost one car in past with that change.
Then PSM failure came out which led to crankshaft change, AWD socket disconnect (suggested by mechanics here as it was supposed that a noise comes when I was braking led to PSM failure) and now I gave up since I was during last weekend in my hometown which 250km from here Pristina (Kosovo). There are many mechanics but all wanted to work on Diesel Engine (when they see Petrol goes away) so now even that the problem of idling, stalling and all those issues found out (thanks GOD and Rennlist support) I have to pay for trailer to bring car in Tirana and hopefully they will calibrate Throttle, re-connect wires and make it work... which is a wish so far.
Old 06-10-2024, 06:23 AM
ekstroemtj
Rennlist Member

I understand. You are not a professional and your mechanics around don’t have lots of experience.

the car has of course already lots of km . There can be always something and unfortunately it’s a Porsche and the parts are quite expensive. You need a big wallet or some. Knowledge, otherwise it will eat you. All this throttle story is really easy to do. Checking for broken wires is easy to do. You need some time of course. I would try before to give to a mechanic who don’t know how to work with this cars

Quick Reply: Porsche Cayenne 3.6 PSM Failure code1314