Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to order 2005 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No. There is also a computer(?) charge. My extras over invoice were about 800-900 bucks.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:32 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

eDCS Computer Charge, typically $200
Destination Charge $765
Old 05-24-2004, 01:17 PM
jarama beige
AutoX

Dear Madrocko:

Congratulations on having your druthers today! Your Cayenne, as described, sounds pretty darn nice. My Entry-and-Drive feature has worked fine thus far (knock on wood). Use a car cover? Yes, certainly. It will save you from having to wash the car too frequently and also protect your $70K asset. However, if you are in the Bay Area, will heated seats be used often? How about forgoing heated seats and obtaining 4-zone air conditioning instead? Did you notice, without 4-zone A/C, the 2nd row receives abysmal blower power? That is, your 2nd row passengers will always ask, “is the A/C even on?” Also, does the dark burl wood package include a wood steering wheel? With wood around the steering wheel, the concept of a wood trim interior would truly be complete. Likewise, the full smooth leather dash and doors would complement the Havanna/Sand Beige two-tone. It’s expensive, but how many SUVs offer leather dashboards?

Which dealers have you visited? Which were friendly and which were rude? Lastly, my Cayenne had an MSRP of $72.2K, not including the shipping/destination charge. I paid $7,600 below MSRP at Porsche of Oakland (formerly Negherbon).
Old 05-24-2004, 01:18 PM
jarama beige
AutoX

Dear Torags:

Which dealer did you purchase your Cayenne from? $800 over invoice is simply fantastic! Good for you.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:18 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

jarama beige-i never said i paid $800 over invoice. it is more than that.

I'm still confused re $x over invoice. So if I agree on $x over invoice my real price will be $x over invoice + ~$200 computer charge + $765 dest charge?

Is this the same if you go $x under MSRP? i.e. they would still tack on the 765 and 200 after they deducted $x?

Sorry for making this complex but I don't want to be surprised when I sign on dotted line. Sort of like close of escrow paperwork....what Doc fee? Appraisel Fee? Processing Fee? Wipe your A*& Fee?

Thanks Everyone. I'll let everyone know final final when I'm finished.
Madrocko
Old 05-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

No, once you get a price from the dealer just ask them what it includes and what it does not. I think it can be different from dealer to dealer. My dealer, when they say $x that includes Des Charge and other items. It does not include, tax, license...

Asking the Dealer is your best bet.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:04 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

OK, I just finalized my deal. I'm going with Stevens Creek (Bay Area, CA) dealer at $2250 over invoice (which is ~$7300 under MSRP). Thanks Itzkirb I did confirm with them that over invoice includes the dest charge. The only charge they will add on over the 2250 is 45 bucks for some documentation fees. Kevin M. your man at Fresno was very nice to work with and did offer at $1500 over invoice but because he offers such good prices the 2005 CS availability was 2 months later than what Stevens Creek could offer. So I didn't think $750 difference was enough to get me to go to Fresno (3 1/2 hrs away) and risk the Section 179 tax law changing. But thanks alot for the referral. I am pleased with Stevens Creek and would recommend them. I dealt with Bob and James (the Manager). I ended up getting everything I listed in the first msg in this thread. I really appreciate everyone's help here. Now I can't wait for my new Cayenne S !!!! I should get it end of Aug or early Sept depending on whether they build the vehicle before July 15th or after Aug 15th when they get back from their month long vacation. No wonder Germany is in trouble...month long vacations and 35 hr work week.
Madrocko
Old 05-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Kevin M.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

LeeAnn, Congrats on your new purchase.. Glad Mark was able to help you out.. I wouldn't wait two months either.. you won't be disappointed!
Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 PM
baileybonds
Instructor

Default SATELLITE RADIO & OTHER OPTIONS

Does anyone know how much the Satellite Radio option is going to cost for the MY 2005 Cayenne S? (either sirius or xm) -- do people feel this is worth it even if you have an ipod?

Also, what do people think of the Sport Seat w/Memory option? Is it much more comfortable than soft look regular seats?

Also, has anyone here ordered a Cayenne with the Sports Tailpipe? Is this worth the 1K?

Last but not least, I heard that the Ski Bag may now be a no-cost option that u have to order vs. being standard. Is this true?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:41 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

Option QV4 (XM Satellite radio) and Option QV8 (Sirius) have an MSRP of $990. The Satellite radio option requires PCM option PF1 or PF5, since PCM is used for the operational interface. Sirius charges $12.95/mo, XM charges $9.95/mo. I chose not to order it as I don't need all those channels.

I didn't get the Sport Seats as I heard they were harder to get in and out of and also don't think you can order the soft look leather seats with them although I could be wrong.

Just emailed my dealer the ski bag question.

Re the tailpipe-I really like the tailpipe on the Turbo but the optional tailpipe for the S is kind of funky looking so I opted against it.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:35 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

Dealer called saying "he doesn't think the ski bag is a no charge option and asked if he should add that to my order". First I'm going to get him to confirm and second can someone explain what the ski bag is? i.e. if one doesn't ski much is it of any use?
thanks,
madrocko
Old 05-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

The ski bag is a "hole" in the back seats behind the armrest and can be used to transport long items without having to fold down the back seats. There's bag attached to it that covers the part of the skis or whatever you are transporting that reaches into the passenger room in order to keep the later clean.

The ski bag is a standard equipment in Europe (or at least in Switzerland) and according to Porsche's Website also in the US.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a pictures of it in use.
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2004, 08:12 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

Below are two paragraphs I copied from the Porsche website. So it does appear the ski-bag is standard. But I didn't realize if I wanted heavily tinted privacy glass on all rear windows instead of the green tinted glass I had to order it as an option. I never saw this in the 2005 CS order book. Can someone shed some light on this...do I have to make sure they order it with the heavily tinted privacy glass?
thanks,
madrocko

The Cayenne models feature green tinted glass with a grey top-tint windshield. Optional equipment includes a special heat-insulating laminated glass with enhanced reflectivity, as well as heavily tinted privacy glass on all rear windows (not available in conjunction with heat-insulating glass).

Personal items can be stored out of view using a retractable cover. A pullout luggage net is also provided to keep cargo securely in place. The rear seat also features a pass-through feature with standard ski-bag and a center armrest with integrated storage compartment.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 150 Posts

Just started looking at the S model to replace my current SUV and Ive appreciated the discussion.
Ive been offered 5K off MSRP without asking but can anyone tell me how you go about finding dealer invoice. The websites like Edmunds arent very helpful.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:21 PM
madrocko
Intermediate

C4S/914-6 - If you are looking to order a 2005 CS then invoice pricing isn't available...although prices are close to the 2004 CS prices. I think you can get at least 7k off MSRP or I did $2250 over invoice for my recent order of a 2005 CS. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Ready to order 2005 Cayenne S