Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where is the alarm siren module on the 955!? Lights keep flashing when locking/unlock

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 03:28 PM
B Feelgood
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is the alarm siren module on the 955!? Lights keep flashing when locking/unlock

Where is the alarm siren module on the 955!? Lights keep flashing when locking/unlock

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subscribed
Search this Thread

B Feelgood , Yesterday 11:36 PM
I recently picked up an older 2004 Cayenne S. One problem I noticed right away was with the alarm. Whenever I lock or unlock the doors, the hazard lights start to flash for a random amount of time. Sometimes it will do it immediately upon locking, other times 5-10 seconds after. Sometimes the lights will start flashing 20 minutes later randomly for no reason and then shut off. Sometimes as soon as pickup the key from the wall in the garage, they will flash.

Pushing the lock/unlock button on the remote doesn't shutoff the flashing lights nor does getting in the SUV send starting it with the key.

I read that this was a problem with the alarm siren module on the 958 Cayenne but didn't find anything about this happening on the 955.

I figured it would be worth a shot trying to replace the alarm/siren module since it wasnt too expensive and seemed like a likely culprit. I ordered the alarm module and went to install it tonight but was surprised when it wasn't in it's usual location. On the 955, it's normally underneath of the fuse box on the driver's side (should be part number 95561823702) but instead I found 95563711702 in it's spot. Part # 11702 is a circular metal horn with a wire going into it.

I called two Porsche dealerships with my VIN # and they said that my VIN # shows that I have both alarm modules/horns on my Cayenne (95561823702 and 95563711702).

None of their diagrams show the location of part number 95561823702 though?

Can anyone with access to a service manual or knowledge on this year Cayenne please let me know where this module offset located?

Old 06-02-2023, 08:19 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 172 Likes on 132 Posts

Sleeper Cell Post?
Old 06-02-2023, 08:50 PM
brett968
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

I think it's a legitimate post and question but a copy-paste fail (it looks like he posted the same thing on 6speedonline). Sorry, OP, I can't answer your question though.
Old 06-02-2023, 08:56 PM
B Feelgood
6th Gear

Hey guys thanks for responding. This is indeed a legitimate post. I did also post on 6speed as well as I can't find anything within the forum groups or on Google about the 2003-2004 alarm setup on the Cayenne.

As you can see I checked under the fuse box, in the cowl, and behind driver's fender liner to no avail.

Despite what a few dealers said about this part 100% being in the vehicle based upon VIN, I would have to disagree. I'm starting to think that the 2003-2004 only had this small metal circular alarm siren horn and in 2005 they changed the design to the small black box siren that you see in the picture above.

I will also add that I found and downloaded the 10000 page workshop manual and can't find any mention of the plastic black box siren, only the small metal horn under the fuse box.

Last edited by B Feelgood; 06-02-2023 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:15 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B Feelgood
workshop manual and can't find any mention of the plastic black box siren

Found it mentioned
In order to avoid triggering the siren in vehicles with an additional alarm
siren, the battery must be disconnected while the ignition is on!

And

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-on-06-cs.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...e-doors-2.html

Last edited by phatz; 06-02-2023 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:24 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brett968
I think it's a legitimate post
humor ...registered in 2008 and first was post today
Old 06-02-2023, 09:49 PM
B Feelgood
6th Gear

Interesting!

I can tell you that underneath of my fuse box on the driver's side was the small metal circular "goose" horn. The black plastic siren is not present in that location.

According to the two posts in those linked threads that you mentioned, the 2003-2004 did not have an "anti-theft" alarm, only the small metal horn that chirps to let you know that the doors were locked. However, I can tell you that my car does not chirp or beep when you lock the doors though even though I have that option turned on in the menu.

Its funny though because the 3 dealers I spoke with all said that my VIN # showed both horns being present and I had both option codes. The screenshot below is from a dealer that looked this info up from my VIN to show me that both horns were listed as "green" on my build.

Even though the vehicle may not have the "anti-theft" alarm from what I can tell, I do still get the flashing red LED on the top of the door panels when they're locked.

So if this Cayenne doesn't have an actual alarm system, this kills my theory of the alarm siren module causing the front/rear hazard lights to flash 25-50 times when locking or unlocking doors and at random times.

I did see something else mentioned that a "comfort module" could possibly be blamed for this in a Touareg forum group.

To add to all of this, even with a new battery in the keyfob, the doors lock and unlock like once or twice out of ten or so key presses on the keyfob.

Really just thinking out loud and rambling a bit here. Let me know if anyone else has has any ideas or thoughts on this before I make a dreaded trip to the stealership.

Last edited by B Feelgood; 06-02-2023 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2023, 09:55 PM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by B Feelgood
and at random times

Random times is door lock microswitch
Old 06-02-2023, 11:05 PM
brett968
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by phatz
humor ...registered in 2008 and first was post today
yeah, I got it

Originally Posted by phatz
Random times is door lock microswitch
That would make sense. Good call.

Quick Reply: Where is the alarm siren module on the 955!? Lights keep flashing when locking/unlock