Sponsored by:

First Scheduled Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 03:45 PM
djdinaz
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question First Scheduled Maintenance

My CS was displaying the 'service in 1000 miles' in the dash, so I opted to get the routine maintenance while in the shop for the A306/A311 recalls. As a result of horrific inside tire wear on the front, I had an alignment done as well.

At any rate, my question is simple, what should I expect to pay for an oil change at a porsche dealership? My dealer charged me 170 for the oil service, and 120 for the alignment. Is this low/average/high? I thought the local BMW dealer was bad for a $160 oil change, but I guess it's on par, seeings as how the C uses about 3 more quarts.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:19 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is about right-the oil is probably about $7 or so a quart from the dealer, along with the filter and service. the alignment is very reasonable. if that is all you pay per year for maintainance, you are in good shape.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:24 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Default Re: First Scheduled Maintenance

Originally posted by djdinaz
My CS was displaying the 'service in 1000 miles' in the dash, so I opted to get the routine maintenance while in the shop for the A306/A311 recalls. As a result of horrific inside tire wear on the front, I had an alignment done as well.

At any rate, my question is simple, what should I expect to pay for an oil change at a porsche dealership? My dealer charged me 170 for the oil service, and 120 for the alignment. Is this low/average/high? I thought the local BMW dealer was bad for a $160 oil change, but I guess it's on par, seeings as how the C uses about 3 more quarts.
I don't know but where I bot my car I get free oil change for 3 years, and 170 bux just for freaking oil change is a real rip off and 120 for alignment I think i very reasonable .
Next time change the oil somewhere else, just make sure to use mobil 1 full synthetic, it'll cost you no more than 50 bux.

John.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:31 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

the allignment is reasonable and the oil change is a little bit too expensive
Old 05-23-2004, 04:01 PM
jarama beige
AutoX

At the Fremont, California Porsche dealer, the cost for an oil change is $200. The cost for tire rotation is another $135. However, they have free loaner cars.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 AM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

After those charges above, those free loaners don't seem so free. BTW, I use the same dealer for service and am very pleased with them. I intend to do the oil change myself, buy only have 6K mi on my TT after one year.
Old 05-24-2004, 04:27 PM
skim1007
2nd Gear

Hi Everyone,
Newbie here. My computer won't allow me to post a new message for some reason and this website seems to have some great discussions compared to others...

Trying to figure out why my S is lacking good air flow from the rear vents. Earlier this year with the extremely cold East coast winter, the rear vents did not have any heat coming out and when it did, it just kind of spits out little leaks of warm air. Now that summer is in full swing already, the AC is puttering out for rear passengers. Service guys originally said it's because I didn't get the optional climate control for the rear (HA!). Now they're saying that's how it's supposed to work. HUH? My first car that cost $50K less had better AC/heating. Shouldn't whatever temp./fan speed the front gets apply to the rear, too? Sorry if the post doesn't make too much sense.

Quick Reply: First Scheduled Maintenance