Sponsored by:

V1 Radar

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:30 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb V1 Radar

Sorry, I saw this posted somewhere else but after numerous attempts I can not find it. What, in your opinion, are the best companies that make the V1 Radar built into the rear view mirror? Please let me know which you feel is the best, and possibly list all the ones you know! Thanks, any pictures would be appreciated!

Ryan
Old 05-16-2004, 10:57 PM
DEETZ22
Racer

AiDesign

I think its the best
Old 05-16-2004, 11:09 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 580 Posts

The V1 remote visuals in the mirror look kind of neat but to me would defeat the purpose of a remote. I have a remote panel in my vehicles right above the steering wheel so cars following me can't see any lights or arrows, etc. I would think they could see those from behind in the mirror unless they aren't very bright. Just a thought...
Old 05-16-2004, 11:23 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

You know what, you are right! But I dont think many people are going to really see those small arrows from such a distance.. and if they did most arent going to know precisely that its a radar, only people like you and me =). I think I might pass on this idea in the first place, only because everyone is asking for so much frickin money!! Not fair.. lol..

PS: thanks for the posts guys, appreciate the quick response!

Ryan
Old 05-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by CayenneS
I dont think many people are going to really see those small arrows from such a distance.. and if they did most arent going to know precisely that its a radar, only people like you and me =).
When the cop paints you with a radar beam and sees a bunch of red lights going off, and sees you slowing down, you are toast!
Old 05-17-2004, 07:29 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

You never know, there are so many cops out there... they all have different philosophies when it comes down to speeders.
For example: some cops like it when people slow down when seeing them shows they are responsible enough to be aware of their surroundings. While on the other hands there are cops that dont like speeders, period! Frankly i think its sad that we have such slow speed limits on the highway in our country, we need some autobahns!

Ryan
Old 05-17-2004, 11:37 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by CayenneS
Frankly i think its sad that we have such slow speed limits on the highway in our country, we need some autobahns!
Amen, brother! My home state, Virginia, is one of the worst. If they nail you exceeding 80 mph, or any speed exceeding the limit by 20+ mph, it is a "reckless driving" charge with major implications for license points and insurance premium increases.

Five weeks from today we will be picking up our Cayenne S at the factory in Leipzig, and hitting the autobahns (and the Alps!) for some break-in miles. That is going to be FUN!!

Old 05-18-2004, 01:22 AM
CayenneS
Advanced

lucky SOB !
Be sure to take pictures, and video if possible for us rennisters
Ryan
Old 05-18-2004, 11:19 AM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Another problem with these speed traps is that when traveling down the interstate highway (even @ legal speed) when they beam the radar gun at a group of cars, SUV's 18 wheeler trucks, etc..., guess who will get pulled over? The exotic Porsche will! It has happened to me twice since April! Before I bought the CS I hadn't had a ticket in years! (the last one was in the 993 in 2002!).

Last Sunday eve. I was driving with the cruise control @ 65 mph (speed limit) and got a ticket for going 79 mph! Radar is not exact and there are many anomalies that influence the readings. I'm fighting both of these in court if necessary. Look at the National Motorists Association's website for some eye opening facts about this $$$ racket run by America's finest (Since most States are trying to balance their budgets and are recieving less and less $$$ from the Federal Govt., guess where their making up the lost funds?).

I agree that 65 mph is too damn slow for America's Interstate Highways (75 mph would be more acceptable IMHO).

Fight those damn tickets b/c you are considered a criminal until proving yourself inocent in court and you really have little to lose given the very expensive consequences if you just plead guilty and pay it!

Quick Reply: V1 Radar