Sponsored by:

Some Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 11:26 PM
CayenneS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Some Questions..

On a scale of 1-10, how aware are you guys in terms of where you park your cayenne (and please note what kind of cayenne you have), 1 being you dont really care and 10 being you would never even valet the car! Tell me how you determine if the place is worthy enough to park where you wouldnt have to worry about the car, etc.

Second question, Porsche notes that you SHOULD NOT rev the engine on the cayenne, sets off the timing to an extreme degree over a period of time, even though they say this who still does it? lol..

Thanks for answering! Man i have so many other questions i could ask =/ lol

Ryan
Old 05-17-2004, 01:18 AM
jamy85
Burning Brakes

Old 05-17-2004, 03:54 AM
magicdracula
Instructor

9 = There are soooooo many idiots in here, that your car could very easily get scratched or dinged. I usually take 2 parking spots (It's not very nice) But what can I do

Last edited by magicdracula; 05-17-2004 at 05:57 AM.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:15 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

8, always valet at the airport
Old 05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 965 Likes on 589 Posts

9.5 I even have trouble valeting a rental car- must be in my genes! Only people I'd let valet are my kids as it's their summer job! Unfortunately there are so many people out there that don't give a s##t- you feel like killing them!!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:19 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parking

I am a definite 10. Never valet or park next to another car. always park at the afr away point of all lots.. I have done this since a kid and have saved countless dings and other mishaps.. My wife on the other hand (who never drives the CT) is a different story!!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:28 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to get a driver to take me to the airport but they were unreliable, I found a lot near Philly airport which really takes care of the car for me, and it only gets driven about 100yds each time.

Anyone else in the are Use SMARTPARK and go to the valet entrance.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:07 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

I'd say 9.99, i realy hate valet parking, they don't give 2 sh**s about your car.
I do valet parking ONLY whe I have no choice, I make sure I tip them before and wait till he parks my car, so I can se it. I make sure I tell them before if there's any scratches I'll make a seen, (you scratche it, you buy it) so they find a better spot, not just any.

If I drive my RX7 I usualy get away with with "my tranny is bad or my clutch is screwed up" so they let me park myself on a spot I choose.

Airports, restorants and other park your self facilities I do like magicdracula sais , take 2 spots, I know is not fair but hey.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:55 PM
thugn4reel
Track Day

I would probably be a 6 or 7.... the reason being probably cause i havnt really had any problems. I do get the ocassional valet guy tryin to see how fast my car get up to 15-20 mph but thats all good with me as long *** no harm is done. The thing that kills me the most is carwashes!! you can never trust a god damn car wash, every ding or scratch ive had on any of my cars has been from car washes. Just the other day my CS was really dirty and i didnt feel like washing it myself... so i took it down to a close by car wash. As soon as i entered i realized all eyes turning on my car, usually the car wash workers fight to get to drive and wash the nice cars. I got out of my car, and waited as they vacummed the interior. As i was about to go inside to pay, I though i would wait just a little bit longer to see how they pull my car into the wash. I guess the idiot who was dirving the car didnt realize i was standing right there... or did not know i was the owner, he just floored my CS to the entrance of the wash witch was only like 50 yards away! I was lucky that the owner was there and after a little talk with him, he arranged for a more experienced worker to take care of my car, which was taken to a isolated corner and washed seperatly from the other cars.

One more thing.... is taking up 2 parking spots a parking ticket in CA? can you get ticketed for it?
Old 05-17-2004, 01:59 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nyc cayenne-i think that taking up 2 spots is obnoxious, and i think that you will stimulate people who would have left your car alone to screw it up. i just think that it is a bad idea.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:54 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I agree, don't take up two spaces as it just might attract the wrong attention!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:10 PM
NYC Cayenne
Instructor

Originally posted by docjackson1
nyc cayenne-i think that taking up 2 spots is obnoxious, and i think that you will stimulate people who would have left your car alone to screw it up. i just think that it is a bad idea.
I realize it's selfish and may atract more attention to people who'd do harm to my car due to the fact of being a jurk by taking 2 spaces.

I don't know I'm just trying to prevent from dings, and here in NYC people don't care if you drive a 10 million dollar car, they will still hit your car with doors and bump you left and right just so they can squeze in, even if they know it can't fit, that's realy messed up.

Here's a little story.
I had my rx7 parked out in the street for like 10 min, this women was trying to park in a literaly motorcycle spot in front of my car, she kept hitting my car till the alarm went off, I happen to come there quicly and I was like "what the hell are you doing women, your hitting my car" she reply "I thought I was hitting the sidewalk" than I said all mad, "the god damn sidewalk has no f***n alarm, stop hitting my car" she realized that the spot was to damn small to park and left,,, also left few paint cracks in my front bumper and some very pretty scratches...

John.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Matt C
Addict
Rennlist Member

I rather walk 10 miles to the furthest corner of the parking lot than squeeze the Cayenne between other cars. I guess that makes me a 9.98 (and the 0.02 are missing just because there's almost no valet parking in Europe).
Old 05-17-2004, 05:12 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

john-you are correct. i put parking cones around my 996 tt and cayS in front of my office, because most people don't give a ****, and will hit you and drive away without thinking about it. but by parking in 2 spots, you will also attract the nasty sob's, so you will increase your chance of getting your car damaged. i went to med school in nyc, and it is almost impossible to keep your car in good shape there-the cab drivers will hit you just to pick up a fare-they aren't going to pay for it-they don't care.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:59 PM
magicdracula
Instructor

Matt C, truly I don't agree with what you have said.

Do you know why? Because people in Switzerland are nice and educated when it comes to driving / parking properly.

We have a house in Montreux, and I spend at least 3 months a year in there. NEVER had a problem driving or parking (even squeezing) our X5 which is the same size as the Cayenne, as I matter of fact I guess Switzerland has the smoothest, cleanest, and most organized roads in the world, I've driven in so many different countries, honestly, nothing like Swiss

Here in Boston, people are idiots, you park in a large spot, and there is another large spot next to you as well. But some idiot prefers to park half way into your spot and leave most of his empty, to the point where you hardly would be able to open your door. And then he/she might slam the door leaving a ding in your car or so.

Just the other day, I was driving on a narrow street, where some cars are parked on the side. As I was driving some IDIOT lady, wide opened her door to exit her car without bothering to look for the coming cars, that I had to SLAM on the brakes and turn the wheel to avoid hitting her door, and all what she did was smiling and shrugging her shoulders to me. This kind of people is what I call IDIOTS my friend and I would be afraid to park next to, not the people in Switzerland

Quick Reply: Some Questions..